• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirrel Hunting Guns

22LR and such like.

They seem to like eating squirrels.

Probably dates back to the earlier times when you'd need to hunt stuff to fill the pot.

And every shot had to count.

Comment

And here's a recipe, yeeeehaw!

https://hoveysknivesofchina.com/2010...leaning-video/

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I wonder what the out cry would be in the UK if someone started shooting squirrels to eat them.

I remember there was a guy who was eventually caught in London capturing pigeons for food. The issue wasn't that he was killing them but he was eating them and pigeons are winged rats.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wasn't someone selling pigeons to restaurants or something?

He was getting quite a good price too, until Trafalgar Square got empty.

Comment

An hour or so of browsing has confirmed my suspicions that the septics are all gun toting lunatics.

One site was advocating the use of some wildcat .50 cal cartridge* for shooting feral pigs.

*Not 50MG by the way, but something someone had dreamed up, sort of like a 50S&W magnum.

Comment

And that's the end of another mindnumbingly tedious week.

Byeeeeeee

Comment

This evening's unmissable bargain was a 4 pack of scotch eggs.

Yum.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I wonder what the out cry would be in the UK if someone started shooting squirrels to eat them.
                  I remember the "bob a tail" promotion by the Forestry Commission back in the day.

I'm not sure it was very effective.

Comment

Gosh.

The fish was rather nice this evening.

Yum.

Followed by some stewed gooseberries and custard (both with generous amounts of sugar).

That was Very Nice too.

Yum.

Comment

Home to an email telling me my timesheet, which I submitted on my phone as I walked to my car at ClientCo, has been approved!

One more reason to relax and enjoy the weekend

Comment

Working...
                      X