• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loads of nonsense at clientco, project hasn't even kicked off. Project has the dubious honour of being one of those that end up with people being booted out. So I'm very popular with most of the staff

It might not even get off the ground, so may be looking for a new gig soon.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      It rained again
      No sign of this rain stuff in cloggers (for a change)
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Home by six!

The worst part of the journey was getting through the local traffic once I was off the motorway. Took nearly fifteen minutes to get the two miles or so from there

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Two of my previous clients I had a desk move every 2.5 months. One was around the floor and another was around the building.
          This was just one desk up and a few feet across, next to the guy I was previously sitting opposite to. They even had two chaps come along and move everything, so all I had to do was sit there clocking up billable time while watching them work. But the repeated apologies and anxious questions as to whether I minded would have been more in keeping with them saying that they wanted me to work from the Inverness office

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            No sign of this rain stuff in cloggers (for a change)
            Bright sunshine here again too

Looks like Warwickshire's getting a soaking again right now, but it keeps skirting past us.

Comment

Evening all.

After a lovely hot meal I'm now sweating profusely.

<phew wot a scorcher>

Comment

Sun out now.

I don't like rain in the UK when it's warm as we rarely have proper storms.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Can't decide what to do for dinner. I've got curry left over from last night, but I'm not really in the mood for it. Then again, it's easy to heat it up and make some rice to go with it, so I suspect that's what I'll finish up having

Comment

Getting quotes for the car insurance from confused.com, as it's due for renewal next week. Turns out that, once one factors in things like breakdown cover and what have you, the lowest quotes across the two cars (currently on a dual-car policy) add up to a smidgeon more than the current lot

I'm not at all impressed that on the car bit of the form they "filled in some details for you based on expert sources blah blah blah" - one of which was putting the estimated value of the Super Monkey Car as £0

Comment

I use autoaid for home start and recovery. You pay then they reimburse you. You need to check that it's cheaper.

Also I discovered with renewals they are cheaper 15-10 days before. Then they go up in price.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X