• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    The ZeitBack(tm) is very painful this morning.

I just played 'MURRAIN' in Scrabble which made me think of you

Comment

After two and a quarter years I've just put the ZeitBed(tm) back in ZeityTowers.

It was brought over to ZeitParentsTowers in the vain hope that ZeitPater might return home from hospital, which never happened.

So, since it's a nice day, I thought I'd sort it out a bit.

Which I've done.

Shedloads of cardboard & dead tellys to take down the dump.

Plus some glass and such like.

But I'm sitting down at the moment before I fall down.

Comment

What passes for lunch has just been consumed.

Off down the dump shortly.

Dunno if I'm strong enough to get the 28" crt telly in the car.

The two 20" ones should be easy enough.

One of which I bought in 1981.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bacon butty for lunch

Comment

It was the 2nd colour tv I bought.

The first one, being British made and made by Rank Bush Murphy to boot, lasted exactly 10 minutes before I took it back in 1980ish.

The Finlux, on the other hand, was designed using the Mullard and Motorola chip sets and worked for years until finally the tuning mechanism died & it was fixed forever on channel 34 so I could watch videos on it.

Twas replaced by a 2nd hand GEC colour tv that really wasn't very good, and when that died, that was replaced by a Sharp 20" colour tv that lasted 10 years or so but finally went really odd.

To be replaced by the gigantic and very heavy "Watson" 28" ctv which is proving difficult to shift off the top of the treadle singer sowing machine.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Afternoon denizens

Bacon butty for lunch
              Tomato soup "with a hint of Basil" (Fawlty one would assume judging by the flavour).

Followed by a Mr Kipling's individual fruit pie (blackcurrant one might assume, judging by the flavour).

Comment

Having finished my 2nd mug of tea, I must do the dishes & venture forth to the dump.

I may be some time.

The ZeitParents' front room looks really empty now the bed has gone.

Comment

Been to garden centre to get some stakes. Got there at 9.05am then decided I wanted some plants. Got some then in the car decided I wanted some more of different variety so went to different garden centre, couldn't find what I wanted then came out to find the car park full at 10.15am and it was raining!
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

40 bicycling miles done. Sponsored 50 miler next weekend - I fear my training is too little, too late... Still, these things are supposed to be a challenge.

Comment

Dump gone to and returned from.

The ex-Vax Swift has gone to meet its disposal operatives.

Along with an ancient & rusty carpet sweeper and a shedload of expanded polystyrene.

Knackered.

Even more knackered having moved the old washing machine down some steps.

It fell over and lots of rusty water came out.

Comment

Working...
                      X