• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there we are.

Town gone to.

Odds & sods and a Practical Wireless purchased.

N lawns mowed.

Nearly dead.

Since this is Saturday it's the luxury of a Morrisons Chilli and rice rather than me cooking owt.

Discovered earlier that if you don't take the lid off a snap pot, it explodes tomato sauce all over the microwave.

Comment

Mowed the first 4 lawns on a 5" setting.

The 5th required a 6" setting or the moss would have been overwhelming.

Comment

NewClientCo supposedly has a "business casual" dress code. A glance online will show that definitions of this term vary widely, so I asked the agent to sound them out as to where their idea of it lay.

From what I can gather from his response, it's "No tie or jacket, but in all other respects dressed like a bank clerk in the 1950s"

So now I'm trying to work out where my moderately reputable-looking shirts are packed away. I haven't needed any of them in several years. Wondering if they'll still fit, too

Comment

Don't forget to wear a Dilbert tie.

That's one that turns up at the end for no known reason.

I have several.

Comment

Prior to my employment at the current tuliphole, I'd never worn jeans to work.

It took about 6 months before I did.

And I've not worn anything else since.

Comment

Bollocks. There's no NCIS NO on this evening.

I'll have to watch NCIS from last evening instead.

Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs as one is wont to say.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Don't forget to wear a Dilbert tie.

That's one that turns up at the end for no known reason.

I have several.
                No tie for me. I wore one to a funeral last year, and one to a wedding the year before that as I was an usher. The last time before that was in 2004

Comment

Oh FFS. Just realised one of the three vaguely-reputable-shirts I've managed to find so far has a hole in the elbow. I vaguely remember it giving way towards the end of the last gig where shirts were an issue

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Oh FFS. Just realised one of the three vaguely-reputable-shirts I've managed to find so far has a hole in the elbow. I vaguely remember it giving way towards the end of the last gig where shirts were an issue
                    Just roll up the sleeves
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Make that two shirts with holes in the elbow

It's not even as if they're cheapskate things I picked up off the market - these are M&S Autograph Collection. Either I have very pointy elbows, or they're not designed for the amount of leaning with chin in hands staring blankly at the screen that is the lot of the software developer

Looks like I'd better get down the shops

Comment

Working...
                      X