• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely sunny morn here.

And my office is now down to a comfortable 25.2 deg C.

Much betterer than the 27.8 it was earlier.

Comment

I am bored. Time to go for a walk

Comment

25 deg C now.

It's getting chilly.

Comment

Contacting former clients for possible references always feels like saying "Hey, I'm going to sic this smelly leech on you at some random time in the near future. You're cool with that, right?"

Comment

Afternoon
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Contacting former clients for possible references always feels like saying "Hey, I'm going to sic this smelly leech on you at some random time in the near future. You're cool with that, right?"
              I hate that.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Written 2 more recipes up for t'blog.

Am trying to get as many written up before I start on this gig. Looks likely the gig will be a long one and I need to have as many articles in store as possible to keep the blog going.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  I hate that.
                  I've adopted a policy of only giving email addresses unless a referee specifically says they'd prefer to be contacted by phone. I figure it's easier to deal with an email without it being such an interruption.

Agents, of course, hate not being able to use the phone. But that's their problem

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I've adopted a policy of only giving email addresses unless a referee specifically says they'd prefer to be contacted by phone. I figure it's easier to deal with an email without it being such an interruption.

Agents, of course, hate not being able to use the phone. But that's their problem
                    I do the same though if I do give a phone number it will normally be the generic company one.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      I do the same though if I do give a phone number it will normally be the generic company one.
                      Yes, same here

Comment

Working...
                      X