• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Liver and onions for tea.

Yum.

Though that'll be a while yet.

Got to go & buy some more liver coz I'm on the last pack.
    Duly bought. At the outrageous price of £1.18.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Reminds me saw lamb's (sheep's) liver in the cut down meat section earlier. They had taken 20p of the price.

Was unimpressed with the price reductions normally they take a minimum of £1. They obviously cottoned on that everyone goes to that section to stock up on meat and pizza to put in the freezer.
    The old Tesco Express in Neath used to discount liver to 20p a pack on the last day of the BBE.

The one out in Neath Abbey ain't nearly so generous.

And I don't like Morrisons lambs liver for some reason.

Comment

There was somewhat of an insufficiency of onion gravy which was rather disappointing.

There's normally too much.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Thanks.

On closer inspection I can see the figures from Hector are indeed correct and the figures I supplied are not. And I have found why. So now I need to throw myself on the mercy and leniency of our friends at HMRC

But first, a beer. It's >needed.
        Isn't deducting the correct PAYE the employer's responsibility? So if they screwed it up, go back to them.

Comment

Car batteries give off hydrogen while charging, it seems.

So it's probably not a good idea to use a gas cooker in the same room as a charging battery.

So to be on the safe side, I'd better go to the Chinese for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Isn't deducting the correct PAYE the employer's responsibility? So if they screwed it up, go back to them.
            Yeah, they did at 20%. I'm assuming this is 40% tax due after taking dividends to the 40% threshold.

It's only about £400 plus whatever interest is due. Plus whatever fine is deemed appropriate. Plus hoping it's not an excuse to rake over everything else now I'm on their radar...
            Last edited by barrydidit; 7 April 2016, 19:43.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Car batteries give off hydrogen while charging, it seems.

So it's probably not a good idea to use a gas cooker in the same room as a charging battery.

So to be on the safe side, I'd better go to the Chinese for dinner
              Good logic that.

Comment

so...last day tomorrow at ClientCo...
                Join IPSE

Comment

shocked a few people over the sudden nature of my departure...
                  Join IPSE

Comment

sausage and chips for dinner
                    Join IPSE

Comment

yum...
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X