• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Hmm, now I've got messages saying it's out for delivery today!

Sometime between 06:00 and 17:00

This despite the earlier emails claiming a one hour timeslot for delivery. But at least the messages were sent around 10:00, reducing the eleven hour window to seven hours
    It turns out the reason for this vagueness is that the driver's handheld terminal isn't working, and this means the system can't track his progress on his rounds and thereby estimate when things will be delivered, and so falls back to the default value of "sometime today"

OTOH, DPD's support via Twitter is very good so for that.

Comment

Hmm, DPD "failed delivery" card through the door at 11:57 - but it's got somebody else's name on it. I'm pretty sure there's nobody of that name here, though I may be wrong

Now I don't know if this was my delivery or not. FFS…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Hmm, DPD "failed delivery" card through the door at 11:57 - but it's got somebody else's name on it. I'm pretty sure there's nobody of that name here, though I may be wrong

Now I don't know if this was my delivery or not. FFS…
        Contact DPD on twitter and complain.

They will be embarrassed as they pride themselves on costing more and delivering properly.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Today's exercise done.

Now awaiting the boiler man.

Next I need to travel to my new bank, pay in a cheque and set switching my old account.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            I'm on day 6 of my week of sobriety. Not that I'm counting...
            Blimey! How's that going.

Am thinking of ditching the booze for a while, picked the wrong month as I've got a trip to Ireland (which will require lots of alcohol just to get through dealing with family) and friends wedding celebrations.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

They will be embarrassed as they pride themselves on costing more and delivering properly.
              They certainly don't have that pride over here.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon all

Burger related nonsense on t'blog if anyone is interested.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I've already spoken to them on Twitter - the bloke's machine is ****ed, so tracking and so forth isn't available for him today

Comment

Well there we are then, several large holes in the back lane sort of filled with ex-render.

Lunch was a 3 egg scramble plus some Morrisons sausage rolls, BBE 28/03/16.

They tasted ok.

With red sauce on.

Comment

this afternoon's excitement is a trip to B&Q.

Comment

Working...
                      X