• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a 4 egg scramble for lunch. It was quite nice.

Had a Pukka Pies Steak & Kidney pie for tea, with baked beans.

The baked beans may have overpowered the flavour of the kidneys or they forgot to put any in.

Followed by some tinned peaches (BBE 2014) with the luxury of tinned evaporated milk (BBE 2015).

ZeitMaterMansions for classic dining.

Once I've rescued the jeans from the spin drier & done the dishes, I shall be off to watch NCIS and NCIS NO from last evening.

I went to bed at 22:30 & felt much better for it this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      There's still half of it left.

Dunno if I can use it in a Miele though.

However I shall probably try so to do.
      When I had my washing machine put in, the guy had to remove the drainage pipe (the one running under the sink from the machine's appointed station, not the one actually on the machine), as it backed up and overflowed when the machine tried to drain itself. After a bit of banging and shaking, he emptied a massive cylindrical block of dried powder crust out of it, after which it was fine. I've stuck to liquids since then

Comment

Thinking about a new vacuum cleaner. Disappointed in the dysons - the last couple I've had have given up after a couple of years. Looking at the Miele - seems to get good reviews.

Comment

Just washed a batch of mainly shirts which I haven't touched in yonks because of paranoia that they might have been assaulted by mice during the Great Infestation - they were "stored" (dumped) in a corner that saw a lot of visitation in its immediate vicinity. They've been sitting in a bag awaiting proper inspection for evidence of damage and so forth ever since. I finally got around to sorting them out, and assumed some of them would have to be disposed of.

Turns out they're all absolutely fine, and some of them are rather nice shirts that I'd forgotten I owned and have probably only worn once or twice, so they won't be going to the clothes recycling skip after all

Of course they'll be years behind the fashion, but I doubt anybody will realise that when I'm wearing them

Comment

Spare ribs and chips for tea

Those things in the sky are twinkling again

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Thinking about a new vacuum cleaner. Disappointed in the dysons - the last couple I've had have given up after a couple of years. Looking at the Miele - seems to get good reviews.
              I've had a Vax Swift for about 7 or 8 years. It does the job.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Of course they'll be years behind the fashion, but I doubt anybody will realise that when I'm wearing them
                What is this "fashion" of which you speak?

I have jumpers that are older than some of the colleagues I work with, Specifically In General, the ex-lustee.

Comment

Evening all mind how you go

Comment

Watched Gravity earlier, as I'd bought the Blu-ray a while back but hadn't got around to it. Rather good, I thought. Mind you, I think the science in The Martian, which I watched a week or two ago, is generally more sound

After that, I watched the first episode of Band of Brothers, a series of which I've only ever seen bits in the past, but had heard good things of. Again, I enjoyed it. I think that one was very cheap on Amazon during some promotion, as it's a quite impressive set in a tin box, but I don't recollect splashing out a fortune on it.

I also noticed that I have Groundhog Day on Blu-ray. That definitely got added to an order on Amazon to qualify for some promotional discount (buy 3 from this limited selection for £12 or some such), as until I saw it I'd forgotten I had it. That's why, on the day itself, I watched it in lowly DVD quality

Comment

Sun's out here! Will try and get out for a short ride before it changes its mind. Can't be too long as it appears I'm cooking lunch for everyone. Not sure that's how it's supposed to work!

Comment

Working...
                      X