• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Looking on the bright side, I've made BBC Food - Recipes - Oxtail stew for tea, having spotted the oxtail reduced in Sainsburys last night
    Love oxtail stew, but the version I use from the Leiths cookbook takes me two days to make. Tastes lovely though.

One of my local butchers in blighty used to give me some for free as no one ever bought it from him.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      I've finally had the job offer from the company in Oz !

And now I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts
      Big step, but could be a great experience.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Borscht?
        Nope, me own recipe with smoked paprika or if you're feeling inclined you can smoke the beetroot.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Having to remind myself that "It's getting dark" no longer means "It's just past the middle of the afternoon"

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Should I mention that I've never bought anything from them?

Though ZeitMater, during one of our infrequent snow storms some years ago, purchased a remarkably mediocre loaf of bread from them.
            You'd be lucky to even get a mediocre loaf of bread from them now....

Greggs: The baker that is stopping selling loaves - BBC News

When they did sell it, they were Chorleywood process, which is not Real Bread
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Heavy traffic outside and the police helicopter's buzzing about. Apparently the association football company have visitors tonight

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Big sis reaches half a century on Wednesday. Have left it somewhat tardy to procure a birthday present.

Was thinking about what she might like - have vague memories of her liking a perfume that my dear late departed father referred to as "Anus Anus".

Googling turns up Anais Anais and the bottle looks familiar.

So I google shopping Australia and find several sites that promise free delivery to Oz. You go through the whole checkout process, only to discover they've added 40AUD for delivery.

Why is there no amazon.com.au?!?

Appears that I may have inadvertently ordered more anuses than strictly necessary. What does one do with a spare anus?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Appears that I may have inadvertently ordered more anuses than strictly necessary. What does one do with a spare anus?
                  Talk out of it in General (specifically)?

Comment

Nice fry-up for tea

All the soccer people have just been trailing past on their return journeys. Well, maybe not all, as some presumably came from other directions; but lots.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      You'd be lucky to even get a mediocre loaf of bread from them now....

Greggs: The baker that is stopping selling loaves - BBC News

When they did sell it, they were Chorleywood process, which is not Real Bread
                      Ahh that's why they are restructuring.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X