• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    And I just want to walk away from current client - its a right mess.
    Agreed.....

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Finance locked the users out for the usual one hour for month end on one of our legacy ERPs (its very old and its what you need to do otherwise some muppet creates new invoices & credit notes) cue a series of emails to me & the dog as 'its broken'

not sure what I'll do after I am allowed to migrate it to SAP.
      When problem 1 is fixed, problem 2 becomes problem 1.....

Comment

Ooooo, palpitations.

I wonder if I'm dying.

Comment

A days WFH for me since the car is in the garage. It was discovered on Sunday that the rear passenger door didn't lock and feck knows how long it's been like that. So in it went, with the instructions that was the priority task, but that the timing belt also needed replacing and a bunch of other minor niggles. Well they've just called having done all the repairs except the door and they now need permission to take the door panels off, id the part number and get it ordered for tomorrow morning.

What interpretation was put on the word 'priority' I don't know.

Comment

Looking on the bright side, I've made BBC Food - Recipes - Oxtail stew for tea, having spotted the oxtail reduced in Sainsburys last night

Comment

And also, I now have an open bottle of wine, and no car to drive. Can't beat WFH really

Comment

Only one car?

AYCOTBAC?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Driving back from Cardiff on Saturday night, I noticed that Greg's is advertised on one of the services direction signs.
                  They've got quite a few in service areas now. I have been known to stop off for a cheeky steak slice on the drive back from Client co.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Should I mention that I've never bought anything from them?

Though ZeitMater, during one of our infrequent snow storms some years ago, purchased a remarkably mediocre loaf of bread from them.

Comment

BoredNow(tm)

Comment

Working...
                      X