• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping has been done. It would have been done sooner, but as I was pulling into Sainsbury's car park, the telephone bit of my pocket computer was activated.

It was one of my siblings so I called back once I'd parked, vaguely concerned that one of our parents might be ill or something. But it was all about something else entirely. I'm still not sure how it ended up being a forty minute call - probably the longest I've been on the phone in several years

Comment

When I went out to go shopping, the mattress was still there. In fact, it had either fallen or been pushed, so I had to prop it back up again. I think perhaps somebody had driven over the corner of it while it was down there, too, as the label denoting it as the-thing-to-be-taken-away that was on the end visible from the street was all mangled and muddy, so I had to transfer the identical label from the other end.

Anyway, once I got back it was gone. Ave atque vale

The council have strict warnings that they won't collect mattresses that have got wet, so in case of rain or a heavy dew, I'd wrapped it in the thick plastic wrapper from the new one, which I'd retained for that purpose.

It appears that the people who collect them like their mattresses peeled, as they'd left the plastic behind, and it had blown up towards the back of the next street. If the wind had changed, it would have blown round the corner and I wouldn't have realised it was there. It seems a bit off for people who collect rubbish to leave something like that lying around to be blown away, particularly as the bins were emptied this morning and there were about eight of them right next to the mattress that they could have stuffed it in

Anyway, I rescued it and brought it back. There's some other stuff I want to take to the tip that could benefit from being wrapped in or sitting on heavy duty plastic, to avoid damaging or getting muck on my car seats or boot floor

Comment

I use plastic boot covers for that purpose.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

ho hum.

Unlike the evening of Wednesday when I left the gas fire on all night, today I managed to leave the light on in the front room.

Can't understand why I didn't notice when I went to work.

I think I've got incipient sommat nasty.

Comment

Tired. Mr ms cooking tea. Should be home in half an hour.

Comment

End of Gig. Two weeks Blighty, two weeks Sydney, two weeks Cape Town. Second interview Monday for potential new Cloudy-Gig. Spring in my step.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I thought of making boeuf bourgignon for dinner, but I'm lacking a few desirable ingredients. I thought of making a plain old beef casserole instead, but that seemed a little dull. So I popped over to the shop and got a bottle of Guinness Original. Steak and Guinness casserole is now simmering gently in the oven

Comment

Talking of irremovable stains, ex-mother's bedroom carpet has got big blood stains from where she had an ankle spurty vein. Do I recarpet to sell?

Comment

Can't stay awake so going to stop trying. 'Night all.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Talking of irremovable stains, ex-mother's bedroom carpet has got big blood stains from where she had an ankle spurty vein. Do I recarpet to sell?
                      Can't you put a rug over it?

If not cheap carpet.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X