• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Afternoon denizens

Another sunny-but-cold day

I seem to have slept incorrectly, as my back is muttering darkly to itself
    It's probly heard what mine was muttering the other day.

Comment

Back notwithstanding, I have to get my old mattress downstairs and out the back to the place whence the bins are collected, as it's to be picked up by the council any time from 7am onwards tomorrow.

As there are certain people living hereabouts who will potentially be thrown into a conniption if they suspect flytipping of any kind, I shall adorn it with labels specifying that it is there merely in order to be taken away.

So the big box of A4 labels that I bought in error in the now-closed stationery shop up the road about fourteen years ago is finally coming in handy

I've chosen a simple, understated design in 72pt Gill Sans, with a single fleuron:
      to separate the explanation of its presence and the expected date of its removal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        It's probly heard what mine was muttering the other day.
        It's a conspiracy

Comment

Story in the local rag about the brutal murder of a chap at a pub I worked in many years ago.

Not surprised, to be honest. It's adjacent to one of the inner city high rise estates known for drugs and prostitution. Lots of the people who went in were fine, but there was always a very dodgy element you didn't want to get on the wrong side of.

I only worked there because I knew the guy who was running it and he asked me to help him out, as he was struggling to get stuff done in the day and needed somebody he could trust to be left on their own in the place, which ruled out most of the locals. I covered two or three lunchtimes and afternoons in the week, though very occasionally I'd stay on to help out in the evening. I was quite glad when he no longer needed me, to be honest

Comment

Can you have a strategic strategy? As opposed to a tactical strategy?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Phew, we're back

Comment

The mattress is down and out. It wasn't too hard in the end - being old and worn, and not being as deep as the new one, it wasn't too tricky to get it to bend round the 180° turns at the top and bottom of the stairs.

I've left it leaning against the wall by the neighbours' back gate for now. I might move it nearer the main gate tonight, though it's tricky to do so without it partially blocking the drive.
                Last edited by NickFitz; 25 February 2016, 15:57. Reason: Gate ambiguity

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The mattress is down and out. It wasn't too hard in the end - being old and worn, and not being as deep as the new one, it wasn't too tricky to get it to bend round the 180° turns at the top and bottom of the stairs.

I've left it leaning against the wall by the neighbours' back gate for now. I might move it nearer the main gate tonight, though it's tricky to do so without it partially blocking the drive.
                  They sound like 'or' gates.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    They sound like 'or' gates.
                    The main gate is a not gate at the moment - there's been scaffolding up on the house in the next street for months, preventing it from closing

There hasn't been any work done on the house for months, either. They stuck some kind of insulating cladding to a load of the upper wall, then stopped, and nothing's happened since. I suspect they might have been ordered to stop by the council because they didn't have planning permission, and it looks incredibly ugly, and this is a conservation area. In that case, presumably some legal shenanigans will drag on for ages, with nothing being done and no way of closing the gate - which is annoying, as that's how people who try to steal cars (or their petrol) and burgle the flats get in

Comment

Well the ZeitBigClock(tm) assembly is progressing.

I'm amazingly gratified to find that the footprints for the 7 segment LEDs are spot on.

Dunno if the overall thing will work, mind, but we are progressing, albeit slowly.

Byeeeee

Comment

Working...
                      X