• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byeeeee

The Arabic version of Hotel California is very strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryJIBThTP0

Comment

The ups and downs of contracting continue!

As we all know, never assume you've landed a role until your bum's on the seat on the first day. I've just had a call from the agent - role pulled until my DBS check is completed thanks to NHS rules. That kind of scuppers a 5-week contract.

Back to the drawing board!

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

As we all know, never assume you've landed a role until your bum's on the seat on the first day. I've just had a call from the agent - role pulled until my DBS check is completed thanks to NHS rules. That kind of scuppers a 5-week contract.

Oh, bollocks!

Clients, eh. Who'd have 'em?

Comment

Light bulb in bathroom replaced

No strange crackling/buzzing noises so far

Turns out the previous one that lasted around eight weeks was, indeed, a halogen one, even though it looked like a proper one from olden times. Won't be bothering with them again

Comment

Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Oh, bollocks!

Clients, eh. Who'd have 'em?
              It's no big thing TBH. I still have the chance to start NewPermieJob on Monday which I'll probably do to get things stable for a few months (and whilst all of the paperwork and bank stuff for the new Ltd get sorted out). TBH things are pretty quiet atm* so this is way to get some cash in whilst looking around. The notice period on NewPermieJob is at least more humane than the 3 months I've just done.

*apart from useless fishing expeditions. The apprentice pimp who keeps trying to fish me was on the email again today. Told him I didn't need him for at least another month as I'm in a new role. He follows up with a completely unsubtle "I need to update your profile on our systems. Where have you just finished? Where are you starting? Rate? Name of your manager? Name of the role? Length of contract?" I kid you not - not even trying to sugar coat it a little. He has much to learn.

Comment

*apart from useless fishing expeditions. The apprentice pimp who keeps trying to fish me was on the email again today. Told him I didn't need him for at least another month as I'm in a new role. He follows up with a completely unsubtle "I need to update your profile on our systems. Where have you just finished? Where are you starting? Rate? Name of your manager? Name of the role? Length of contract?" I kid you not - not even trying to sugar coat it a little. He has much to learn.
                You are too nice to them.

I actually have an agency that now avoids me as they have finally realised I have no problem telling them to go away. They have phoned me when I was driving for a chat.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Was just hearing Dicot power station has blown up then all the electricity in the house reset itself. Now I have to reprogram all my timers.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Was just hearing Dicot power station has blown up then all the electricity in the house reset itself. Now I have to reprogram all my timers.
                    I don't think the two things are related - the bit of Didcot that blew up/fell down has been unused since 2013 and is in the process of being demolished.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I don't think the two things are related - the bit of Didcot that blew up/fell down has been unused since 2013 and is in the process of being demolished.
                      Yep, but all the workers who push magic buttons to make the trickity happen stopped what they were doing thinking "what the feck was that?"

Comment

Working...
                      X