• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    MS or Lunch?
    Oi!

Super-sized is an American phenomenon. In the UK, we settle for large, with a side order of a cheeseburger if we're peckish.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning
      Anyway, a sunny day here, though not particularly warm

It's sunny here now.

Unlike earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

It's sunny here now.

Unlike earlier.
        Sunny here too but bloody cold. I seem to be sitting in a drafty bit of the room again. That'd be the combination of a new floor which doesn't quite fit right, a loose door and the cellar below not being capped properly, just filled with soil and junk at some point. The coal hole and loose bricks let hellvua lot of air through into our front room.

Let's hope that after I build up a warchest I can start saving for a mortgage and go somewhere with decent insulation and central heating from the last 20 years.

Comment

Thankfully my stress levels have reduced now the singularly dumb esteemed customers have off buggered.

My relief is palpable.

Comment

Need coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Need coffee.
              Big lunch making you tired? That's never much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Big lunch making you tired? That's never much fun.
                Large Big Mac meal + bottle of Chianti

Comment

Mothers day cards bought. I am up to Wales this weekend and I need to get the twins to sign one for step-mum tomorrow night when they pop round for dinner.

I also got one for them to give to their mother. Jolly decent of me really.....

Comment

Shopping done, such as it was. I only really needed odds and sods apart from a loaf of bread, which I could have got over the road, so I used the opportunity to stock up on bits that are handy to have in, but not urgent.

First, though, I went to B&Q and got myself a current detector thingy, to avoid electrocuting myself if it turns out the bathroom light fitting needs replacing. So now I can get the stepladder out again to get up there and have a look.

It also occurred to me that the bulb that's given the least trouble has been the one in the hall; no idea what the type is called, but it's been there for ages, still works, doesn't take minutes to warm up, and so on. So I got a box of four similar ones.

And before going there, I popped in the car vet's to sort out an MoT and service for the Toyota, as the test is due next month, and it's running slightly rough on occasion. So that's happening on Monday.

Oh, and I've finally managed to arrange for the council to take away the old mattress, which is still propped up in the living room for no good reason. That's going on Friday.

So, overall, the week so far has been quite productive, though mainly productive of requirements for me to do something else in the near future

Comment

While you're at it, could arrange for the plumber to fix my central heating?

I seem to be incapable of doing so.

Comment

Working...
                      X