• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    When I was in London for a conference last autumn, I popped into the Apple Store in Covent Garden to buy a lead. I got tapped on the shoulder and lo! it was a Python developer with whom I worked at that place out on the farm. Turns out he's working at the place on Leicester Square now! So give them a wave from me, just in case he's looking out of the window
    Does he look like you?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Erm........ send me your referral code again just in case
      www.ipse.co.uk/join/ipsemgm0004

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        Contract offered and accepted subject to review etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I was thinking about that the other day in connection with AWS. MyCo™ has an AWS account and each month gets billed a trivial amount (less than a quid) for some stuff stored on S3; occasionally, when I'm experimenting with something that involves firing up a server, it goes up to a couple of quid.

Last month Amazon asked me to respond to some questionnaire about AWS, in return for which I got a $20 credit, which will obviously last a few months at least.

So does MyCo™ have to declare this as income? Or as it just means I don't get a bill for a while, do I just ignore it?

I could ask my accountant, I suppose, but it seems like a very trivial thing to bother them with. I can't imagine Hector getting too worked up about it, either
          I'd feel inclined to ignore it

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Does he look like you?
            Nothing like. Taller, slimmer, darker hair, and considerably younger

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Contract offered and accepted subject to review etc.
              Excellent! Welcome back to the sunlit green uplands

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                If you declared the income you would also declare the expenditure. So just ignore it.
                Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I'd feel inclined to ignore it
                Then I'll ignore it

Comment

ms#3 has had his operation. Doc says it looks like a cyst (they'll send it for biopsy anyway). So that's good news. But it was very close to the nerve, and his arm is numb, so they're keeping him for a couple of hours to check all OK.

Comment

there's some more LED 7 segment displays added to the CadStar(tm) library.

It does make stuff easier, it must be said.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      ms#3 has had his operation. Doc says it looks like a cyst (they'll send it for biopsy anyway). So that's good news. But it was very close to the nerve, and his arm is numb, so they're keeping him for a couple of hours to check all OK.

Comment

Working...
                      X