• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You need to manage your expectations. If you expect everything to be dull and tedious and miserable, then when something nice happens you're pleasantly surprised

Take up a hobby - try geocaching; you can take covbaby with you and give mum a break.
    You're quite right - might try following Zeity's example: if I expect every day to be terrible then I won't be disappointed, and the good days seem extra good :-)

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      You're quite right - might try following Zeity's example: if I expect every day to be terrible then I won't be disappointed, and the good days seem extra good :-)
      Most people's lives are tedious and dull, and they only post the good bits on facebook. It's easy to get down about it, especially if you're knackered. Book a holiday - always works for me!

Comment

Hanging On in Quiet Desperation is the English Way | PopMatters

Comment

Greetings denizens

Predominantly sunny again, and a tad warmer than yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Have a look at the home page and all your boxes are ticked

MEMORY LANE
            "The young lady modelling the double-breasted coat in the photograph was killed in a bombing raid in 1942. She worked in a butcher's shop called Eastmans in Kingsbridge and when an air-raid started the staff went in to the walk in freezer but unfortunately a bomb struck the building next door and fractured the gas main. Consequently they were all gassed." - FASHION IN WW2

Crikey

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Greetings denizens

Predominantly sunny again, and a tad warmer than yesterday

I am thinking of taking twins to see Dads Army tomorrow at Odeon Leicester Square. If I go past I shall look up at your former office window.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I am thinking of taking twins to see Dads Army tomorrow at Odeon Leicester Square. If I go past I shall look up at your former office window.....
                When I was in London for a conference last autumn, I popped into the Apple Store in Covent Garden to buy a lead. I got tapped on the shoulder and lo! it was a Python developer with whom I worked at that place out on the farm. Turns out he's working at the place on Leicester Square now! So give them a wave from me, just in case he's looking out of the window

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  "The young lady modelling the double-breasted coat in the photograph was killed in a bombing raid in 1942. She worked in a butcher's shop called Eastmans in Kingsbridge and when an air-raid started the staff went in to the walk in freezer but unfortunately a bomb struck the building next door and fractured the gas main. Consequently they were all gassed." - FASHION IN WW2

Crikey
                  Even more crikey! the coat cost 12gns!

That's a mere £560 odd in our present devalued toilet paper.

Comment

Well that was a nice email, £20 from QDOS in Amazon vouchers for a referral I gave them
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Well that was a nice email, £20 from QDOS in Amazon vouchers for a referral I gave them
                      Twenty-seven more and you can get a wartime lady's coat

Comment

Working...
                      X