• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Indeed.

But unlike the unfused Tesco & Maplin<spit> 100W bulbs, it didn't explode into a 1000 pieces of nice thin glass leaving the metal bit stuck in the lampholder.
    Changed the lampholder and the shade to suit a curly CFL.

Funny how all these bulbs are now at least £3.50 each, rather than the 50p they started out at.

Lampholder had got very hot, hot enough to melt the solder on some bulb or other, due to the shade being unventilated.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      She may appreciate it more than you expect. People sometimes have brief periods of heightened lucidity, and if one of those happens at the right time, you'll be glad you made the effort

If not, well: maybe she'll still appreciate it on some level, even if she can't express her appreciation

At least you still try. That's the most important thing. Maybe you'll never know how much she appreciates it.
      Doesn't seem to have much difficulty expressing herself, sadly it seems to make little sense that I can make anything of. Ho hum.

Comment

In other news, I sent a vacancy notice to the unemployed ZeitNephew for the tuliphole on the hill where I "work".

He's got an interview next week.

Happily his surname isn't the same as mine, so maybe he's got a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Meredith (Charlotte Rampling) being looked at by the other women in the maternity ward when she rejects her baby.
          I'm sure that in some other production co-starring Charlotte Rampling that child had turned into a serial killer.

However I may be conflating things a bit.

Comment

Only two sheets to go on the ZeitWashing front.

Should be done by 8.

P.M hopefully.

The ZeitLeakyWashingMachineScavengePump(tm) has been doing sterling service today.

Odd how the machine can't cope with a pair of jeans & a towel without throwing in the agitation towel, as it were.

Comment

Pox.

It just started leaking like fury & I only just managed to switch the pump off before it started sucking water.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Pox.

It just started leaking like fury & I only just managed to switch the pump off before it started sucking water.

Comment

Still going. Feck me, it's never ending.

Comment

On the first rinse now.

Quarter of an hour to go?

Comment

2nd rinse

Comment

Working...
                      X