• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I've replaced the lightbulb in the bathroom, which unaccountably stopped working while I was in London. It's not an easy one to replace as the fitting is right on the ceiling, not dangling on a lead of any kind, and the ceilings here are about ten feet up.

The stepladder was still in the corner of the living room beyond my desk, so I had to wrangle it out of there without smashing things to bits and get it into the bathroom. Then I couldn't put it up properly, so I had to move some stuff from behind the bathroom door into the hall, so I could open the door enough to extend the ladder's legs.

Then, when I went to remove the bulb, it flickered into life for the briefest moment as I turned it. I tried putting it back in again in case it had just somehow worked loose, but it didn't happen again. The new bulb worked fine, so maybe it was just a final twitch of some kind, as when one applies the galvanic current to a dead frog's leg. I'll try it in a different socket some time, just in case it works and I should be looking at the socket to see why it stopped working in there.

Still, I can now use the bathroom with better illumination than that given by a torch dangling from the shower curtain rail, so that's something
    If it's a CFL, then they do that sometimes.

The one on the landing in the ZeitParent's house went intermittently on the blink & would strike if you firkled with it a bit.

Until it wouldn't any more.

And testing it in a bedside lamp proved it to be an ex-CFL.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Woke up for find a rejection email from a gig I applied for, interviewed and tech tested for.
        Needless to say I am a little bit pissed off now.

Comment

Slightly better drive into ClientCo this morning, only took two hours rather than yesterdays nearer 3, you have to love the M60 round Manc
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Woke up for find a rejection email from a gig I applied for, interviewed and tech tested for.
            Go back to bed!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Morning all. Another crappy day weatherwise. Drizzle Lashings of ginger beer rain. Fog. Darkness.

Only 3 more to the festive shutdown though.
              WHS

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Go back to bed!
                I would love to, but Im up and ready to go for another exciting day at clientco

Comment

I would love to, but Im up and ready to go for another exciting day at clientco
                  Grab a meeting room and book it out for the day as a WAR ROOM

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey with a touch of drizzle out there today

Time for coffee, I think

Comment

Bugger

Ah well, sod 'em. Their loss

Comment

Working...
                      X