• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We've upgraded your windows. All your files are exactly where you left them"

Except my classic windows spider solitaire which has been removed, and my registry setting to stop it resetting my trackpad gestures every time I log off.

Comment

Quiet in here today.

I'm catching up on a bunch of paperwork because
      a) It's preferable to going to the shops, and
      b) The promised nice weather has been replaced by drizzle and murk

The plan is to continue paperwork till it is complete*, sort the ironing, sort some tea and head to the boozer about 4 for the freebie buffet they do on a Sunday afternoon.

* - a relative term where this sisyphean activity is concerned.

Comment

Afternoon all

Well there's one house vacced (I seem to have given up dusting).

Lunch was cooked & consumed.

It was roast beef this week, it having been lamb last week.

Followed by the ZeitStandard(tm) rice pud (sadly overcooked by being left too long in the oven) with a spicing of stewed apple.

The gravy was amongst the worst that I've made, though not quite as awful as the gravy I once had to strain the lumps out of.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey and wet, as is the weather

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Afternoon denizens

Grey and wet, as is the weather
            And very warm for December.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              And very warm for December.
              Yes, it's comparatively mild. Apparently it'll get foggy here tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Quiet in here today.

I'm catching up on a bunch of paperwork because
                a) It's preferable to going to the shops, and
                b) The promised nice weather has been replaced by drizzle and murk

The plan is to continue paperwork till it is complete*, sort the ironing, sort some tea and head to the boozer about 4 for the freebie buffet they do on a Sunday afternoon.

* - a relative term where this sisyphean activity is concerned.

The result being that I have indeed completed some paperwork (though not all, that's not possible), sodded off the ironing and tea, gone to the pub where Shankar IPA has limited my tea making abilities to Sausage* chips and peas, and posponed the assault on the ironing till tomorrow. I'm surprised to note it's also only just past 7pm

* from the butchers at Sedbergh, which is ace. Although when I was there last they didn't have Howgill chops available which disappointed me greatly. A Sedbergh chop is the same as a Barnsley chop, for the unitintiated. And a Barsnley chop is explained here

Comment

I have done the laundry. I need to consider dinner next. I haven't got anything in the fridge, and I'm not sure what's in the freezer. I might go for a Chinese… not sure if I'm in the mood for that, though. Decisions, decisions

Comment

There was something in the freezer which may well be chicken casserole. I should start labelling this stuff. Anyway, I'm reheating it so I'll find out soon what it is

Comment

Confirmed as chicken casserole. A thigh and two drumsticks. Smells good

Comment

Working...
                      X