• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pies are in the oven. Now, we wait…

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      =
      I only have a good hour of ironing left, then i can sit down and have a glass of wine.
      My bottle was empty < 7pm. I know opening the next will be something I regret...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Apparently the boy wants an xbox to play Minecraft on. I could really win some granny-brownie points...
        Don't they have a a computer? I think I paid £20 for each boy child to have an account.

Comment

My bottle was empty < 7pm. I know opening the next will be something I regret...
          But you will do it anyway?

I have now had 5 drinks in last 5 years. And only one in last 2 years. That was a sip of champagne to celebrate mother's partner leaving her house.

My mothers two last sentences to me

"You will have terrible trouble getting my partner out of the house".
          "Goodbye"

Her house will be exchanged next Thursday. So I should get some money soon. £10,000 has to be left aside for 6 months in case partner should raise a claim!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            But you will do it anyway?

I have now had 5 drinks in last 5 years. And only one in last 2 years. That was a sip of champagne to celebrate mother's partner leaving her house.

My mothers two last sentences to me

"You will have terrible trouble getting my partner out of the house".
            "Goodbye"

Her house will be exchanged next Thursday. So I should get some money soon. £10,000 has to be left aside for 6 months in case partner should raise a claim!
            You're doing better than me (in terms of sorting stuff out) Your drinking sounds like my smoking. I had a cigarette in 2010, then one at a wedding in August, and one last weekend, thanks to losing my temper (very rarely happens) with someone it was not worth losing my temper over. I do need to cut back on the booze. Will make it a new year's resolution.

Comment

You're doing better than me (in terms of sorting stuff out) Your drinking sounds like my smoking. I had a cigarette in 2010, then one at a wedding in August, and one last weekend, thanks to losing my temper (very rarely happens) with someone it was not worth losing my temper over. I do need to cut back on the booze. Will make it a new year's resolution.
              My sisters did all the sorting out. I fell apart. Maybe without all my other issues I would have been okay.

Its weird. I was at odds with my mother since her partner came on the scene. In many ways her death was a good result as it drew a line under some problems and provides cash. I would give anything for her still to be alive. Even if she was in a home.

Well done on just having the odd cigarette! Very difficult. When I finally gave up (22nd Dec 1989) it was about the 20th time I had given up. I came to accept I cannot have one cigarette.

Smoking is the only thing I miss. Coffee and alcohol I can do without easily!

Are you sure you need to cut back on the booze? I only don't drink due to exercising. I was a bit worried about MrsBP on holiday - I was pleased she had one dry day. Even if she did have double the next day! She looks after baby bp fine and that is all that counts to me.

Well fine apart from dragging him 300 miles away from his Dad. But that is another story....

Comment

Pies!

Comment

I have found something more addictive than smoking! Candy Crush!

Comment

Pie status: definite success

Tasted really, really nice, and my bottom was most certainly not soggy

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Pie status: definite success

Tasted really, really nice, and my bottom was most certainly not soggy
                      How many did you eat? Was it 3.14?

Comment

Working...
                      X