• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I walked to Tesco. Got a meal deal. And grapes.

Landlord was out of front room so I had to pass him on the stairs.

He is indulging in his favourite hobby. Vacuuming!

After football he always chats to his mates about what they do on a Sunday afternoon. All the rest have wife or child commitments. He always says he is of to do whatever he wants.

But all he does is vacuum!
    Ah, the bachelor lifestyle

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Could make a fortune using it to ferry drunk merchant bankers around the City at Christmas
      I think that's a great USP - get to and from pub efficiently without losing your licence / if you have already lost your licence.

Perhaps I'll add that to my gumtree ad.

Comment

So far today I've made coffee and a bacon butty, submitted my VAT return and paid up, changed the password on the account at my domain registrar (the previous one was laughably insecure), and put the oven on to warm up for pie baking. I'm going to count it as a day well spent

I thought of going to the Amazon Locker to pick up some stuff that arrived today, but the Christmas lights switch-on in the city centre will be wrapping up around now, so either going there or coming back, or both, will be a traffic nightmare

There's normally a noticeable lull in the traffic outside around this time on a Sunday, but it sounds almost as busy as a normal teatime out there at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I think that's a great USP - get to and from pub efficiently without losing your licence / if you have already lost your licence.

Errr - can't you lose your licence?

I have heard if drunk while cycling you can lose your licence.

Though it might be worth just putting it in the ad anyway! Let the buyer beware....

Comment

Century drivel....

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Around 1990 there were some students near here who went to and from the local pub, down the road from them, in a couple of Sinclair C5s they'd picked up dirt cheap when that particular fad died before it had even started. They lived about a half a mile from the pub and the road was a terraced back street which only had slow local traffic, if any, so it was quite safe, and the police were more likely to laugh than do them for being drunk in charge

Comment

Ah, the bachelor lifestyle
                A few years ago he got married. It lasted 52 days. He is very good with children - Mrs BP used to child mind his nephew and niece. It is a great shame he never had any.

Often on a Friday or Saturday night he has a lady round. Eastern European with not good English! He always boots her out the following morning. A shame as they make a good couple.

But there we go - his life.

Comment

the police were more likely to laugh than do them for being drunk in charge
                  Nice to see the law of common sense applied. They were not doing any harm.....

Comment

I am hoping Dallas will do lunch tomorrow. She canceled last week 3 times!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I am hoping Dallas will do lunch tomorrow. She canceled last week 3 times!
                      I am still trying to decide what to do about winter holiday. MrsBP taking all kids to centreparcs at FEb half term/. I need some sun.

Comment

Working...
                      X