• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Kitchen's very cold after last night, so I'm warming it up by baking sausage rolls
    Everywhere's cold here.

It comes from having totally fecked heating systems.

Apart from the fan heater in the living room cum tumble drier that the washing is in at the moment.

That's up to about 70 deg F.

Anyway, time to take pass 4 out & ready the machine for pass 5.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Everywhere's cold here.

It comes from having totally fecked heating systems.

Apart from the fan heater in the living room cum tumble drier that the washing is in at the moment.

That's up to about 70 deg F.

Anyway, time to take pass 4 out & ready the machine for pass 5.
      I don't have a heating system in the first place, which is one less thing to worry about

That reminds me, I can't use the gas fire in the living room because there's boxes from the ongoing "sorting out" of the flat in front of it. I meant to do some shelving of books today, which will allow me to move the boxes to where the boxed books are and warm the place up a bit. But I've been cooking instead

Comment

Ran the hoover round about 3 hours ago. Cats have only just reappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Ran the hoover round about 3 hours ago. Cats have only just reappeared.
          Ever cautious against being made to help

Comment

Just been out to the bins. It is very, very cold out there

In here, my iMac now has 32GB of RAM, and I am ripping the Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) DVDs I recently bought - the original 1969 programme, of course

I only ever saw it on weekday afternoons, when Anglia TV would show it in the early to mid 1970s. As it only seemed to be on in term time, I only got to see it occasionally, if some blessed event like games being cancelled or finishing early came to pass.

I think I saw some repeats in the 1980s or 1990s, but I'm certain there are some episodes I've never seen.

Comment

The twins dragged me to Pizza Hut for dinner.

Comment

To get them back, I danced to the piped music.

I recognized one of the songs - Madonna - Express yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I am ripping the Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) DVDs I recently bought - the original 1969 programme, of course
                  As always, a complication arises - the episodes are on the discs in production order, which is completely different to the original broadcast order. This means I have to assign the broadcast episode numbers manually to get the correct info from the TVDB, but more importantly, in which order do I watch them?

I'm tempted to stick to the broadcast order. Maybe I should patch an ATV ident in before and after each episode too, to make it feel authentic

Comment

Apparently the BFH has been hoping there is a repeat of Paris attacks in London. So I get wiped out!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      To get them back, I danced to the piped music.

I recognized one of the songs - Madonna - Express yourself.
                      Doing better than me - I never recognise any piped music nowadays, or so it feels

Comment

Working...
                      X