• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Google Maps keeps starting me off in Zeity's neck of the woods (literally, in a wood in the middle of nowhere north of Swansea) since my Virgin Media IP address changed after an outage
    I forgot to report back on this matter. Although my ip address didn't appear to be changed, my location on maps was changed to Nottingham environs.

Comment

My VM router is on the blink, keeps factory resetting itself
      Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
        My VM router is on the blink, keeps factory resetting itself
        Phone 'em up, they'll probably just send you a new one in the post.

Either that, or offer an engineer visit at some impossible time three weeks from now

Comment

The bookcase is now up… ish

I'd forgotten to charge the drill after the last ones, so when I came to drilling the hole to secure it to the wall, the drill gave out. The rawlplug is now sticking out of the wall about three-eighths of an inch, so I've put the screw in to tide me over. Tomorrow, I'll have to go through the palaver of drilling the last bit and getting it affixed properly

But the main thing is that's the first batch of bookcases done

There's another one I bought about five years ago, which has been leaning against the wall unassembled ever since, but it isn't as mighty as these; a bit flimsy, in fact. I'm going to finally assemble that and put it in a spare corner to hold DVDs, which are currently in the way of the place I want to move all the routers and such to, so that I can free up the electrical outlets next to the place my desk is going to go. One thing after another…
          Last edited by NickFitz; 10 November 2015, 20:19.

Comment

The Blu-ray of season three of Homeland came today. I binge-watched the final five episodes of season two last night, which is nearly half the damn season

Comment

Well, just for a change, , I had fish for tea.

It was very nice, followed by the last of Sunday's lime jelly which was just about set.

I had some of yesterday's cold custard with it, which was very set and equally nice.

Then I made the beef stew for tomorrow.

Then I had a shower.

Then I dismantled the big feck off corner desk in the office after sliding the big feck off CTX crt monitor off it onto another desk (there are 3 in the room).

So it's out of the way in bits, but reassemblable bits rather than chainsawn bits.

Pulling the carpet up has revealed the dire state of the underlay.

Somehow I'll have to pull all the carpet up.

I rather fancy a sanded & finished floor but that would be a lot of work.

After all there's roughly 112lb of Murphy B40, two 67lb RA17s, and assorted test equipment of similar weights.

Comment

'til the morrow

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

I did but they won't until it consists out completely... So I threatened to leave... New router on it's way with a massive discount on the bill each month for the next 6 months
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X