• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    How are the TPD collective?
    Knackered. I didn't take this job to actually do work, FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Knackered.
      WHS

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I feel the same way about everybody switching to C++. At least with assembly language you knew what the processor was going to do, because you'd told it
        Originally posted by The Unix Hater's Handbook
        C++ is to C as Lung Cancer is to Lung
        A sentiment with which I find it difficult to disagree.

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Turns out getting the remaining bookcases assembled and against the wall is going to be a minor pain, in that some other stuff has to be moved around at least temporarily. So I've put that off to tomorrow and have unpacked some more books onto the currently-completed shelves instead.

It looks like I will have at least one 76cm-wide shelf entirely filled with O'Reilly "animal" books - and that's just the full-size ones, not any of the smaller …in a Nutshell and what-have-you editions.

My copies of Java in a Nutshell alone - going back to the first edition (published last millennium) but possibly not including the most recent - must take up a foot or more in their own right.

Fun fact: I have never used Java in a contract beyond knocking out the occasional throwaway utility program of maybe a hundred lines or so

Comment

Dinner's nearly ready. Spare ribs and chips tonight

Comment

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Last day in UAE. Will spend it by the pool. Asleep. My favourite.

Comment

TFIF

Comment

Working...
                      X