• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey and damp out, with occasional showers to be expected this morning

Had a good night's sleep for a change, though, once I managed to drop off

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Are you sure you're not me?

Just asking, like.

Just hope you won't have to move it all to fix a leak under the floor.

<ZG in "I was reading a Wireless World from 1965 only last evening while moving it upstairs" mode>
      Possible the software equivalent

Though of course there was Steve Ciarcia's Circuit Cellar in Byte in those days.

Which now lives in its own right, after he bought it back last year from the company he'd sold it to a few years ago: Circuit Cellar | Microcontrollers, Embedded Systems, & Electrical Engineering Information

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        You had me all excited there.
        It's the lack of sleep that does it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Possible the software equivalent

Though of course there was Steve Ciarcia's Circuit Cellar in Byte in those days.

Which now lives in its own right, after he bought it back last year from the company he'd sold it to a few years ago: Circuit Cellar | Microcontrollers, Embedded Systems, & Electrical Engineering Information
          He sold it to Elektor IIRC.

Comment

He sold it to Elektor IIRC.
            Yes, then he bought it back about a year ago

Comment

Couple of books just arrived in the post. Very nice to be able to just put them on the shelf, rather than having to work out which pile is least likely to topple when they're added to the top

Comment

I downloaded shedloads of the early ones, but after about 1990 they got too complicated for my simple brain.

Comment

I downloaded shedloads of the early ones, but after about 1990 they got too complicated for my simple brain.
                  I feel the same way about everybody switching to C++. At least with assembly language you knew what the processor was going to do, because you'd told it

Comment

Sausage butty for lunch

Comment

Afternoon
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X