• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Really ZeitKnackeredNow(tm).

Comment

Stone me, all this paper is heavy.

Comment

'Tis like a millstone around my neck.

Comment

Onward & downward.

Comment

asdfasdfasdf

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              asdfasdfasdf
              ZeitZenChuryOm(tm)

Comment

Byeeeeee

Comment

Ventured out a bit later than I should have, given the ground to cover between the various places I was going. I got caught in what I presume was after-school traffic at one point, and then later caught the beginnings of the rush hour. We live and learn

Comment

Amazon have recently started offering collection from Royal Mail sorting offices, which is excellent from my point of view. It means the stuff ships via Royal Mail, rather than whichever incompetent courier Amazon Logistics have picked up this week, such as Yodel; and it means there's no faffing about with cards being left, or even worse, stuff being delivered to a neighbour. Also, the sorting office is only two or three miles out of my way and almost handy for where I go shopping, so it's better than the Amazon Locker out the other side of the city, which was only handy when I was passing near there coming back from ExClientCorp.

However, having just made use of the facility for the first time, I suspect I may be an early adopter and they haven't quite got used to it yet. I had the pickup codes on my phone, but the bloke had to laboriously transcribe them on to a piece of paper, also copying name and address details from the driving licence I produced as ID. Then he wanted to see the actual emails from Amazon. Luckily, modern iPhones seem to keep a lot more mail than the early ones which, for reasons to do with storage space and performance, only kept the last fifty or so; but it took me absolutely ages to scroll back through my mailbox to find ones from last Friday, when the first of my three parcels arrived.

It then became clear that he was most concerned with finding the dates that the parcels had been received there, rather than actually seeing the email as proof of anything.

So in future, I'm going to write the pickup codes, with dates, down on a bit of paper. With a bit of luck, that plus the ID is all they really need, as it says on Amazon's site. Just in case, I'll save the emails to a separate folder for now, so at least they'll be easy to find.

But it's all still a lot easier and more secure than all that faffing about with them trying to deliver, failing, leaving a card, and taking it away again.

Comment

Our local chippy is now displaying from which farm the spuds have come, and from which trawler the fish.

Comment

Working...
                      X