• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    That's the easy bit.

Find a Stanley knife.

<ZG in "cutting up cardboard boxes is fun" mode>
    It turns out Ikea boxes are easy to do with one's bare hands: although they're rock solid when being used, once they're empty all the joints (which are glued, not stapled) can be split by running one's index finger along inside them, and the flat box can then easily be folded into a nice compact bundle for carting down to the bin

Comment

Well there we are then.

That was £85 down the swanee.

The central heating with added radweld is now completely depressurised and there's an overwhelming pong of wet earth coming from under the floor in the front room office.

How the feck I'm going to be able to move it all I really don't know.

Maybe knock a doorway into next door.

Despite the theory of the plumber that the wet patch on the wall has nothing to do with the leak, I suspect it's got a fecking great deal to do with the leak.

Not to mention that the other side of the wall is bone dry, whereas this side has been exposed to something that's stripped the paint off the skirting board.

Whoever installed the central heating decided that he'd drill two angled holes down into the cavity under the front room floor rather than doing the obvious & drilling vertically down through the hall floor (which, to be fair, is parquet covered with carpet).

This is going to run and run, I suspect, since it'll take me at least a week to dismantle enough to raise floorboards.

Deep & abiding joy.

Not.
      That all sounds like a right pain

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Comment

And little Bobby Tables led me to...

flex - How do I correctly pass the string "Null" (an employee&#39;s proper surname) to a SOAP web service from ActionScript 3? - Stack Overflow

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                That all sounds like a right pain
                Oh yes.

After carting 25 years of Wireless World & assorted drills & other tools upstairs to get some space, my knees are complaining today.

Where's the voltarol?

Comment

Well that wasted 10 minutes of my life in Xcd.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Well that wasted 10 minutes of my life in Xcd.
                      Waste hours at xkcd
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X