• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a beer or two is needed tonight...
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      I think a beer or two is needed tonight...
      Originally posted by Walter White
      You're Goddamn Right!

Comment

Well there we are.

Two insurance polices for the ZeitMobiles sorted.

New MOT for the new ZeitToyotaCorollaTSpirit.

New tyres and brake pads all round for said ZTCTS.

6 months tax for ZTCTS.

A mere £830.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Are they on a joint policy? I've got my fleetlet on a multicar policy with Admiral, and I only get one reminder/autorenewal notification.
          Nah. Due to ZeitIncompetence (which knows few bounds) they're on separate policies.

The fact the CC had lapsed may have sommat to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Has anyone seen or spoke to eek recently? Is there any chance of him making a return to CUK any time soon?
            Oi!

Calling Eek!

Come in we know you're out there.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              I may just go out now and get it over with.
              ZenChuryOm(tm)

Comment

Somebody's posted the complete, commented 6502 source code for the Atari 400 and 800 game Star Raiders on the archive: https://archive.org/stream/AtariStar...e/n13/mode/1up

Comment

Gosh.

I hope no one ever posts any of my crap code on the interweb thing.

I couldn't stand the embarrassment.

Comment

In a return to something like normality, I had fish for tea this evening.

The other novelty was the 5 Morrisons doughnuts turning out to be custard filled rather than raspberry (flavour) jam filled.

I was quite taken aback.

Almost as much as when some other comestibles purchased from Morrisons turned out to be filled with apple rather than the raspberry I was expecting.

In an attempt to reduce the vast quantity of milk, I had a Mr Kipling's apple pie with custard (proper Bird's as invented in Swansea, none of this posh stuff).

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Gosh.

I hope no one ever posts any of my crap code on the interweb thing.

I couldn't stand the embarrassment.
                      Back in the day I used to write in FORTRAN.

Which was all well and good until I purchased a z80 cp/m FORTRAN compiler which didn't use proper binary for integer variables but used BCD instead.

Totally fecking useless for my purposes, but there you go.

And some of my code that worked perfectly "well" on a GA minicomputer FORTRAN IV, crashed the Microsoft FORTRAN 77 compiler in flames.

They obviously didn't think that anyone with any sense would use DOUBLE PRECISION quite like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X