• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Well, that went well.

Halfway through the meal there was a ring at the bell. It was someone come to tell us that a mutual friend had just been found dead in his flat

He must have been in his mid-forties by now. He had type 1 diabetes and had lost a lot of his sight to macular degeneration over the last twenty years or so. In fact, he's one of the reasons I take accessibility on the web so seriously.

I hadn't seen him so much over the last six years or so since DMU knocked down the pub. I knew he'd had various health problems, mainly related to a combination of his diabetes and a resentment of it that caused him to be neglectful of his health from time to time. But over the last few years he's been a bit more careful.

He'd recently been in hospital due to kidney problems and complications arising therefrom. He improved and was discharged last week, and had gone home, and had various friends living nearby who were checking on him, helping with shopping, and so forth. Today they couldn't get in touch with him, so somebody who had a key went round, and found he'd died in his sleep overnight

Seems to be a spate of it

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Seems to be a spate of it
      Indeed. Is Saturn in retrograde or something?

Comment

Indeed. Is Saturn in retrograde or something?
        Dunno. Apparently I have to survive mother by 30 days for my share of the inheritance to be valid. 5 days to go...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Up early to go to that there London Village in the morning, supposed I should stop pissing about with cooking and find all the forms I need to fill out and take down with me, guess I could do this on the train tomorrow....
          You still doing Tuesday drinks? Did you book?

Comment

You still doing Tuesday drinks? Did you book?
            Erm..... on both counts!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

he'd died in his sleep overnight
              Hopefully peacefully. <=Lizardly, no s

Comment

Night all.

Comment

Dunno. Apparently I have to survive mother by 30 days for my share of the inheritance to be valid. 5 days to go...
                  Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Hopefully peacefully. <=Lizardly, no s
                    We can but hope

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X