• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Nope. Though I do have a load of unassembled Ikea bookcases…
    Not to mention a pile of electronic scrap waiting for the skip.

Comment

Mu folding charger
      I had to look that up and I'm very tempted to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        I had to look that up and I'm very tempted to get one.
        When it was originally proposed as a design around 2010 or so, I posted something about it in General (specifically). One of the regular Nabobs of Negativity there dismissed it as unworkable and impossible to manufacture in a way that would meet safety regulations, drawing on the unerringly reliable source of their own opinion to justify their argument. I knew then it would be a winner

Comment

When it was originally proposed as a design around 2010 or so, I posted something about it in General (specifically). One of the regular Nabobs of Negativity there dismissed it as unworkable and impossible to manufacture in a way that would meet safety regulations, drawing on the unerringly reliable source of their own opinion to justify their argument. I knew then it would be a winner
          Is it the one with 2 usb points ?

If so let me know how you get on

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Is it the one with 2 usb points ?

If so let me know how you get on
            Yep, that's the one I'm going for. I'm off to a conference next week, so I'll be seeing how well it works at recharging my phone and iPad overnight - they'll both get a good workout as I don't bother taking my laptop to these things any more. I shall report back next Thursday

Comment

We didn't get where we are today by ignoring BS1363.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_pow...gs_and_sockets

Folding plugs

Due to the size of the BS 1363 plug, attempts have been made to develop a compatible folding plug.

As of July 2014 two folding plugs have been certified under specially developed ASTA Standards.[18] SlimPlug[79] which complies with ASTA AS153 and ThinPlug[80] which complies with ASTA AS158.

SlimPlug is available only as part of a complete power lead terminating in an IEC 60320 C7 unpolarized (figure-of-eight) connector.[81]

In 2009 the ThinPlug received a "Red Dot" award[82] for product design, the first product, also a power lead terminating in an IEC 60320 C7 unpolarized (figure-of-eight) connector[80] became available in 2011.
                Aha!

http://fam-oud.nl/~plugsocket/GB-foldingPlug1.html

Mu Classic USB charger. Min-Kyu-Choi's first prototype of a folding BS 1363 mains plug, using the same principle as the Mu USB charger, was presented in 2009.

The plug failed to pass the certification procedure. <-

However, the folding USB charger does not have a mains lead and a BS 1363 certification is not necessary.

The charger is on the market since 2012.

The almost square Classic charger measures 55 x 60 mm and is in closed position only 14 mm thick.

The classic type has a single, 5V-1A USB outlet.
                Last edited by zeitghost; 1 October 2015, 15:29.

Comment

Right that's enough of that.

Comment

https://instagram.com/p/6PsIxQNmcC/?...by=instazharrt
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Ho fecking hum.

Looks like I've got an abscess on the way.

Byeeeee

Looks like my footprint and schematic symbol for the Z84C15FEC10 work proper like then, according to my lengthy (it's got 100 pins) tests.

Tomorrow we'll try designing sommat.

Maybe it'll run CP/M.

Comment

Working...
                      X