• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck me:

1st car: mot runs out tomorrow.

2nd car: dumped its cooling water on the garage floor today, we shall see if a generous helping of radweld keeps the fecker going for a bit.

3rd car: ignition problems that I haven't sorted out yet, idles like a donkey engine.

Ho fecking hum.

I'm going to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Feck me:

1st car: mot runs out tomorrow.

2nd car: dumped its cooling water on the garage floor today, we shall see if a generous helping of radweld keeps the fecker going for a bit.

3rd car: ignition problems that I haven't sorted out yet, idles like a donkey engine.

Ho fecking hum.

I'm going to bed.
      Not ideal

Goodnight

Comment

And I forgot to mention the little note from the plumber that I found just before going to bed.

Apparently he can service the gas appliances on Thursday.

Naturally enough, all this has made sure that I woke up at about 02:15 & can't go back to sleep.

So this is a bit of a first for me.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          And I forgot to mention the little note from the plumber that I found just before going to bed.

Apparently he can service the gas appliances on Thursday.

Naturally enough, all this has made sure that I woke up at about 02:15 & can't go back to sleep.

So this is a bit of a first for me.
          I meant to get an earlyish night tonight. Then it turned out The Wolf of Wall Street, which I started watching on the assumption it was about ninety minutes long, actually runs for three hours

Good film, though. It has that Scorsese touch of having good pop music dropped in throughout that worked so well in Goodfellas, though of course the latter had the benefit of being set in an era when the pop music was more Derek and the Dominoes and less Plastic Bertrand

And then, given I was already up nearly two hours after I'd planned, I ended up having another beer or two and watching the rest of the second season of Veep, which never rises to the dizzy depths of The Thick of It but gets as close as they're probably ever going to manage on American TV.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all.

Resolution: attempt not to read the South Wales Evening Post at 03:30.

It's far too exciting.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Timesheets and invoice have been sent

Comment

In an attempt to stay awake (now it's daylight), currently listening to Neil Young & Crazy Horse "Like a Hurricane".

It was preceded by Slash "Anastasia", and Slash "Sweet Child o' Mine".

The kiddies should be in shortly, so I'll have to turn it down a bit.

Comment

Still no sign of the rittle barstewards.

So much for the 9 to 5 every day for a week project work.

Comment

Working...
                      X