• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

The promised warm, sunny weather has been cancelled, with a replacement service of overcast skies
    I've had to bring the washing in and put it in the tumble dryer. There was no chance of it drying outside today

And the heating has gone on for an hour.

Comment

Decided to WFH this arvo. Feel better already

Gonna mail clientB and see if I can postpone the long drive tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        I've had to bring the washing in and put it in the tumble dryer. There was no chance of it drying outside today

And the heating has gone on for an hour.
        The local rag is drivelling on about "summer isn't over, don't put the BBQ away yet" etc. Turns out they mean that sunny periods are forecast for Thursday and Friday. Presumably Leicester's few remaining industries will come to a halt as people take those days off work to char a few sausages in the back garden

Comment

&

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Decided to WFH this arvo. Feel better already

Gonna mail clientB and see if I can postpone the long drive tomorrow.
            Bugger - clientB say it's urgent

Comment

Bugger - clientB say it's urgent

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                &

Comment

On the bright side, sun's out!

Comment

Just had a phone call. Didn't recognise the number so quickly Googled it, and it's some pensions scam, so didn't bother answering.

However, much to my confusion, the call rang on my iPad as well as my phone. Turns out the FaceTime "receive calls on your iPad when on WiFi" setting is on by default

I wonder if I could have taken the call on the phone and tablet at the same time and just held them up to each other so they talked to themselves

Comment

On the bright side, sun's out!
                      We still have a secure covering of cloud here, filtering out all that nasty warmth and brightness

Comment

Working...
                      X