• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Ugh

The other year I was gigging in Cambridge, but a new card was due. As I didn't want it sitting in the hall all week while I was away, I popped into the bank on Saturday afternoon and asked them to send the new card - which wasn't due to be issued for another couple of weeks - to my local branch, so I could collect it from there.

The young lady fiddled about on the computer, brightly told me that was all set up for me, and I left. Then I attempted to buy some books, and my card was declined.

I went back to the bank where a (different) young lady checked and told me my current card had been cancelled, as I'd requested. I pointed out that I had requested no such thing, and she shrugged and said that as it had been cancelled, there was nothing they could do.
    Twas much the same here. Card expires Monday. I said to Mr ms to make sure he fills up with petrol etc before Tuesday, as his card won't work. Thought I should chase the replacement. Probably sent out two weeks ago, but they couldn't be sure - "Do you want me to cancel and send you a replacement?" I assumed that he was cancelling the new card, not the current. By the time I realised he meant the current one, it was too late.

Comment

Good show, the towel wash has caused the washing machine to piss water all over the floor.

It was fine on the first load so I was lulled into a false sense of security.

Bastard!

Comment

I thought that NatWest had forgotten to send another cheque book for ZeitMater's account.

So I went in & requested another.

Guess what I found at the bottom of the pile of papers on the sideboard.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Om.

Om.

Om.

Om.

Om.

Om.

WZGS with knobs, bells and whistles on.

Comment

For tea, since I'm feeling stressed & al, I'm warming up a Chicken & Mushroom Pukka pie, BBE 26/8/15.

Its been nice knowing you all.

Comment

For tea, since I'm feeling stressed & al, I'm warming up a Chicken & Mushroom Pukka pie, BBE 26/8/15.

I've just been finding out how to make very unhealthy stuff even unhealthier. Crush pack of hob nobs, and melted butter and reassemble.

Open tin of condensed milk (don't cut your tongue when licking the lid) and add butter and sugar.

Still, I'm sure the bananas will add the required one of the five a day.

Comment

The BBE date probably only applies in the subtropical regions of Leicestershire where the pie originated. It'll be fine where you are

Comment

Just checked the pub's FB page. It's the weekend of their Cider and Cheese Festival

As it happens, I dislike cider and hate cheese, but it's very popular with everybody else

Comment

I dislike cider

and hate cheese

Comment

Weekend in Leicester off to a good start, enjoyed an afternoon at Bradgate Park
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X