• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Has he said why? Where is your mother at the moment
    He does not want his stuff thrown up and locks changed. I tried to explain that there is no chance of that(I hardly got a chance to say anything before he put the phone down). He is a fantasist and a liar. Who preys on the old and vulnerable. I don't believe a word he says.

Mother in hospital. Very unwell. He is going in to see her at 2pm - I have forewarned the hospital. She should not be disturbed.

I hope she lasts until Saturday when me, MrsBP and the 3 kids can get over there.

Oh well, at least the sun is shining....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      He does not want his stuff thrown up and locks changed. I tried to explain that there is no chance of that(I hardly got a chance to say anything before he put the phone down). He is a fantasist and a liar. Who preys on the old and vulnerable. I don't believe a word he says.

Mother in hospital. Very unwell. He is going in to see her at 2pm - I have forewarned the hospital. She should not be disturbed.

I hope she lasts until Saturday when me, MrsBP and the 3 kids can get over there.

Oh well, at least the sun is shining....
      That's a pretty shocking situation BP.

<- manly

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        It's warm in here too. 26.7 deg C.
        Too Bloody Hot here. Seems Estates can manage to cool the air down when it's the middle of winter but can't do the same trick in summer.

Have gone to hide in the comms room where there's proper air con - bliss!

Pity I have a meeting in heated noisy open plan office in 30 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          Too Bloody Hot here. Seems Estates can manage to cool the air down when it's the middle of winter but can't do the same trick in summer.

Have gone to hide in the comms room where there's proper air con - bliss!

Pity I have a meeting in heated noisy open plan office in 30 mins.
          Sat by an open window, three floors up atm, so there is a nice breeze blowing in. Only thing keeping it bearable.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The sun's moved round, so it's down to 26.4 deg C now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              The sun's moved round, so it's down to 26.4 deg C now.
              BBC weather has it down as 31 degrees tomorrow.

Luckily tomorrow afternoon is being spent at home with CovBaby instead of in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                BBC weather has it down as 31 degrees tomorrow.

Luckily tomorrow afternoon is being spent at home with CovBaby instead of in the office.
                The skirts were short enough today - how short will they be tomorrow?

I am disgusted - and will have o find out just how disgusted I can get.

Comment

WFH today. Can't open anything other than the top window in case the pussies escape. Two laptops on the go. Hot, hot, hot.

Comment

I wonder if the aircon I've had under the stairs for the last 15 years still works.

I may try it out.

The outlet fits the letter box exactly, which is handy.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      WFH today. Can't open anything other than the top window in case the pussies escape. Two laptops on the go. Hot, hot, hot.
                      Get some of this, or similar. We used it when our old moggie needed to be kept indoors.

Insect Mosquito Net Fly Screen Window Mesh Net with Sticky Tape - White / Removable and Washable,with Self-Adhesive Sticky Tape on the Back: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X