• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Having weighed the pros and cons, I've decided not to go to the pub tonight. I may treat myself to another painkiller, though, as this tooth is a lot better but still giving me a bit of gyp
    I thought you'd had it fixed?

I had one fixed that came back to haunt me for a while until the nerve died.

Then I can a root canal on the fecker.

Which wasn't particularly unpleasant since I'd already gone through the toothache stage.

Comment

Reheated chicken chasseur out of the freezer for dinner. I boiled some Basmati rice to go with it, which I enjoyed so much I may start having it more often. Maybe it'll help me lose a bit of weight if I have rice instead of chips a few times a week
      Having consumed all the bacon in the freezer by all accounts (i.e. I haven't found any more), I had to buy some today since it makes the liver & onions rather more palatable.

Wot a turn up for the book.

Also I've discovered ooooodles of died haddock in the freezer which I've decided to make into kedgeree if I can find a decent (i.e. simple) recipe that doesn't require stuff like cardamom seeds.

Or bay leaves.

Though I think there's some bay leaves somewhere in the cupboard.

I chucked all the spices last year since most of them were best before 2010 or earlier.

The mildew was a bit offputting too.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I thought you'd had it fixed?

I had one fixed that came back to haunt me for a while until the nerve died.

Then I can a root canal on the fecker.

Which wasn't particularly unpleasant since I'd already gone through the toothache stage.
        No, just a quick look, confirmation that there was an abscess (which I knew, obviously) and a course of amoxicillin

Next appointment is a week tomorrow. But that was arranged before this as a checkup, so they may not fix it properly even then. It'll be a root canal when they do finally get around to it, though

Comment

Bummer.

Sorry to hear that.

Mine was caused by an abscess too.

Which I hadn't mentioned to the dentist.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Bummer.

Sorry to hear that.

Mine was caused by an abscess too.

Which I hadn't mentioned to the dentist.

Ho hum.
            Cheers. It's better than it was, but not "better" better. Knowing my luck the amoxicillin won't do the job and they'll put me on metronidazole instead, meaning no alcohol for a week

Comment

Cheers. It's better than it was, but not "better" better. Knowing my luck the amoxicillin won't do the job and they'll put me on metronidazole instead, meaning no alcohol for a week

Comment

Morning

10 hours sleep - hopefully I'll actually manage to stay awake all day today!

out there again. Feeling inspired to go bicycling after my BBQ with the bicycle people.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

10 hours sleep
                  Eight Hours Is Enough

Comment

Had to make my own bloody coffee this morning!

#WorstFathersDayEver
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

11 hours sleep last night. And still exhausted. I think its depression.

After mother-out-law dying, redundancy, step-father-out-law getting bowel cancer. And just found my mother has leukemia. There will be trouble when she goes - I had hoped to avoid for a few years. I just have to work out a way of burying my head in the sand when she goes. Maybe a 2 week trip to club-le-sport.....

Comment

Working...
                      X