• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'm starting to undo the zip...
    unzip onesie.zip -d schoolrun

Comment

Aargh! Swelling seems to be a bit worse, and knee is once again hurting like buggery. I think I may have to call off the trip to London - I don't want to risk ending up down there, unable to safely move around or drive home

I've taken another ibuprofen, as the first was about due to start wearing off, but I'll have to wait and see how it goes.

I'm wondering if it could be gout. I never used to get it in the knee, but I had a couple of really tiny flare-ups in the foot over the last couple of weeks, and was going to ask the doctor about upping the allopurinol. If it is a gouty knee, I definitely don't want to be in a hotel in Holborn when it decides to get worse

If it settles down, I'll consider the idea of making an early start tomorrow; the conference doesn't start until 10:30 - 11.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Aargh! Swelling seems to be a bit worse, and knee is once again hurting like buggery. I think I may have to call off the trip to London - I don't want to risk ending up down there, unable to safely move around or drive home

I've taken another ibuprofen, as the first was about due to start wearing off, but I'll have to wait and see how it goes.

I'm wondering if it could be gout. I never used to get it in the knee, but I had a couple of really tiny flare-ups in the foot over the last couple of weeks, and was going to ask the doctor about upping the allopurinol. If it is a gouty knee, I definitely don't want to be in a hotel in Holborn when it decides to get worse

If it settles down, I'll consider the idea of making an early start tomorrow; the conference doesn't start until 10:30 - 11.

Comment

OK, here's the plan: if the knee doesn't get any worse by about six in the morning, I'll drive down. Otherwise, assuming I can move at all, I'll take the train. In both those cases, I'll stay overnight and just hope it doesn't suddenly get worse by Sunday

If I can't make it at all, I'll just have to suck up the loss of the ticket price for the two events

One good thing, though: I called the Premier Inn to tell them I wouldn't be making it there tonight, and as it's after 1pm I assumed that I'd have to pay for tonight anyway because that's the cut-off time for cancelling. But, as I said I might still make it tomorrow, they changed the booking to just be tomorrow night, and made no charge for the alteration. And that means that, if I can't go at all, I can cancel the new/adjusted booking before 1pm tomorrow and not have to pay anything at all for the hotel

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I often get gout in my knees and it hurts as hell

I'd go to the GP and sit on this neck with a sword till he prescribes an Indometacin. Thrice a day for 2 days and pain will surely disappear.

Manly ->

Comment

evening

Better go get changed to take the pooch out for a walk and pick youngest up from guides on the way back from the walk

Comment

Been down to Boots, where I bought myself a knee support… and a walking stick

Getting in and out of the car was fairly painful until I worked out the best way of doing it, whereupon it remained fairly painful but for a shorter moment each time. I had no problem walking around Boots, and then a short distance around Sainsbury's, by dint of taking it slowly and limping heavily. Tomorrow I'll give the support and the stick a try, and see if they improve matters

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  evening

Better go get changed to take the pooch out for a walk and pick youngest up from guides on the way back from the walk
                  Has the torrential rain already passed over your way? It was chucking it down when I went out, until the drive home, when it was just raining a bit

Comment

Tired, headache, sore throat + a bit down in the dumps.

Footie on telly, so I'm

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Tired, headache, sore throat + a bit down in the dumps.

Footie on telly, so I'm

Goodnight

Comment

Working...
                      X