• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is so much paperwork and red tape! No wonder we cannot compete with the Asians!

Comment

Millennium drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Millennium drivel.

Will I get the 999, 000 and 001 posts? For a ten millennium!

Comment

Chilli con carne for dinner. I like it with pasta as opposed to rice.

Comment

Millennium drivel.

Comment

Sue Perkins takes Twitter break after Top Gear threats | Media | The Guardian

There are some very sad people about.

Comment

Bacon butty for tea, as the bacon needed to be used. Feeling sleepy now. Bread often does that to me. I wonder why?

Comment

Chilli con carne for dinner. I like it with pasta as opposed to rice.
                  We also had chilli

Comment

I had fish. M&S fish.

And mash.

And broccoli.

And carrots.

And peas.

No sprouts coz I've run out.

And beetroot. (Morrisons finest baby beets).

And pickled onions. (Morrisons sweet).

All topped off with some MayoHeinz(tm) Classic Salad Cream.

Yum.

And for the first time in 3 weeks or so, I had an apple pie & custard.

Had to have that coz the dates up on the apple pies.

Comment

Another day that's just a long planning meeting tomorrow

These things really bring it home to me how out of place I am in this scene. I'm a web developer: front end, back end, databases, web servers, all of them, some of them, whatever. But this is an IT infrastructure gig: it's all about systems configuration and stuff, which I'm not really interested in as a field. And as so much of it is to do with ClientCorp's specific IT infrastructure, I'm not even that interested in learning about most of it, because it's just third-party solutions like Infoblox (DNS), Tufin (no idea), SolarWinds (no idea), and such.

I just get by with the attitude that input comes in, output goes out, and I write the bit in the middle that transforms the former into the latter. If that process of transformation has side effects like causing servers to be configured or DNS records to be created, great; but, as Sam Ruby has it in the strap line to intertwingly.net: "It's just data".

And on that note, goodnight

Comment

Working...
                      X