• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I know AWR and IR35 are separate pieces of legislation, but can you work inside AWR and be outside of IR35?
    Agency Workers Regulations: Are limited company contractors outside the AWR? :: Contractor UK would suggest not; but Lawspeed News | AWR News > IR35 and the AWR argues that the two aren't really connected. So, as usual, it seems nobody really knows

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Agency Workers Regulations: Are limited company contractors outside the AWR? :: Contractor UK would suggest not; but Lawspeed News | AWR News > IR35 and the AWR argues that the two aren't really connected. So, as usual, it seems nobody really knows
      Cheers Nick, my conclusion also.

I have no qualms about being an agency worker, and 500pd is the equivalent to 90K per year so I'm chuffed with that.

What I suspect is when I try and enforce the AWR "rights" in the AWR agency contract it will come unstuck. Such as 25 days paid holiday (including bank holidays), overtime pay, pension contributions etc etc.

Also, I see no need to use MyCo for an AWR contract as the contract is between the worker and the agency. Again it will be interesting to see if they will accept that.

A wishy washy only the bits that suit them type of AWR contract would be unenforceable I think. So I could operate outside IR35, stash the cash and in 7 years buy myself something nice
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Cheers Nick, my conclusion also.

I have no qualms about being an agency worker, and 500pd is the equivalent to 90K per year so I'm chuffed with that.

What I suspect is when I try and enforce the AWR "rights" in the AWR agency contract it will come unstuck. Such as 25 days paid holiday (including bank holidays), overtime pay, pension contributions etc etc.

Also, I see no need to use MyCo for an AWR contract as the contract is between the worker and the agency. Again it will be interesting to see if they will accept that.

A wishy washy only the bits that suit them type of AWR contract would be unenforceable I think. So I could operate outside IR35, stash the cash and in 7 years buy myself something nice
        I don't see how you can operate outside IR35 if you're not working through a Ltd. Anyway, here's some stuff which comes from CUK but which Lisa at CU clearly thought worth highlighting: My contract is AWR compliant and inside IR35 - what does this mean?

If I were you, I'd have a look through the pro forums for threads like this before reaching any conclusions.

Comment

I don't see how you can operate outside IR35 if you're not working through a Ltd. Anyway, here's some stuff which comes from CUK but which Lisa at CU clearly thought worth highlighting: My contract is AWR compliant and inside IR35 - what does this mean?

If I were you, I'd have a look through the pro forums for threads like this before reaching any conclusions.
          That's my point. Go IR35 in, no ltd and just be an agency worker on 90K with all the benefits.

Or use ltd and stash the cash should hector come a knocking.

As you say I need to get professional advice. Cheers.

Comment

That's my point. Go IR35 in, no ltd and just be an agency worker on 90K with all the benefits.

Or use ltd and stash the cash should hector come a knocking.

As you say I need to get professional advice. Cheers.
            Ah, right, I see. Yes, it's a nice wedge, to be sure

Comment

Wondering if I can be bothered to go to the pub. I could probably do with the exercise, but on the other hand, it's nice and warm in here

Comment

Wondering if I can be bothered to go to the pub. I could probably do with the exercise, but on the other hand, it's nice and warm in here
                Got a bottle of duvel in the fridge. Might scoff that while waiting for the ISS to come over.

Comment

Cracking views of the ISS. Very excited little SYs.

Comment

Cracking views of the ISS. Very excited little SYs.
                    Be sure to show them Commander Hadfield's tour de force:

Comment

Night all.

Comment

Working...
                      X