• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to get some peroni on way home for a little drink before dinner

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all.

Lovely morning.

Last day of my hols.

Back to the slough of despond on Monday.

Comment

Home, and weekend!

ClientCorp got an extra twenty minutes or so out of me today

It looks like the thing I was waiting on will actually work, but the Jenkins server couldn't connect to the test HTTP API server for DNS record creation, so it broke

I understand why security is so tight, what with it being a bank, but for an internal IT server to be unable to connect to an internal API server without special configuration and such just seems silly. Still, I'm no expert on such matters. Maybe it's just a misconfiguration on the Jenkins server anyway, as that's new and we're still finding out what it needs to be able to do its job.

Comment

I think my favourite episode of the week was yesterday, when one of the Chef cookbooks I'd been passed by somebody else to polish up for testing went through the Jenkins pipeline, passed all tests, and was deployed.

Being attentive to detail, I went and checked the logs for all the stages. The final test is that the cookbook was idempotent - in Chef, the term means "didn't have to do anything". The idea is that, if it turns out that everything is already configured the way the cookbook says it should be, then nothing is done. The idempotence check simply runs the cookbook for a second time on the virtual server on which it just ran, and checks that it did nothing.

This check used the final output message, of the form "{some stuff} 0/123 resources updated", where 123 is the number of things that might have been done.

It turned out that my thing had actually failed miserably, and said "60/123 resources updated" - but the check used a regular expression which looked for "{anything at all}0/{any number} resources updated" which meant that, in this case, it completely ignored the "6" in front of the "0" and assumed all was well

It's been fixed now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's been fixed now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Indeed.

Plus I bought a new tv today.

A Panasonic tx-25 crt one.

It cost £7.99.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with the zappers I've got.

Comment

Much cooler here now.

Very grey & it looks like there's rain on the way.

I did the 2nd cut on 3 lawns.

Knackered now.

Followed by a tea comprising faggots & peas & onion gravy again.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Much cooler here now.

Very grey & it looks like there's rain on the way.

I did the 2nd cut on 3 lawns.

Knackered now.

Followed by a tea comprising faggots & peas & onion gravy again.
                  Still nice and sunny here, but the barometer's falling - it was 1012 around lunchtime, down to 1003 now

It's quite handy having a barometer in one's phone

Comment

I haven't decided about dinner yet. I vaguely fancy spag bol, but can't be bothered to make it. I think I'll probably end up getting a Chinese

Comment

Just checked the freezer. No frozen bol in stock

I chucked out several freezer-burnt and, I think, quite ancient chops. I need to get a vacuum pack thingy. That, or Sainsbury's needs to stop selling chops in packs of two, one of which I eat while the other ends up lurking in the freezer until it has to be chucked away

Comment

Working...
                      X