• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    It finished before 10. The school event I went to in February still had an hour to go at 10...
    1030 by tge time they had given the prizes and had the last dance

Was not.that bad really just.

1 Get some decent chairs my ass is numb

2 please only 1 of each Taylor Swift, Only Murs, Bruno Mars etc

3 Get some decent beers in the bar

Other than that the kids done great

:-D

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      In fact, that dead Jackson feller is the only one I've heard of.
      Gotta be said only 50% were known to me...

Comment

In fact, that dead Jackson feller is the only one I've heard of.
        I was in London for a conference the night he died. In The Harp, in fact. (Goes without saying really.) Then an American friend of mine - Molly Holzschlag, well known in the web standards community - turned up just after closing (not by arrangement - random "people who live on different continents happen to be in the same eight feet of space in London" thing), and I ended up going along with her and drinking far too late and long with many people from Opera Software (the Scandinavian browser people) in the bar at the Charing Cross Hotel

The Harp was called The Welsh Harp for many years; I suspect until it got an Irish landlady. Binnie, short for Bridget; and although she could be nice enough if you were a customer, I got the impression from a year or so of drinking there that she could be a holy terror to the staff on occasion. But then again, the staff tended to stay, for years some of them: and I know them, and they aren't the kind to take any crap, so I think she was OK really

But she decided to retire and sold out to Fullers quite recently. I think Fullers are trying to keep the place as it was though; nothing had changed last time I was there. They've just had a refurb, and from the photos it looks just the same, so hopefully it'll continue to stay as it is

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

This is the star inn, penydre, neath as it was in about 2006:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnmightycat/6066701578/

There's two semis and a link of 3 on the site now.

The fun will start when the new tenants move in.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 3 April 2015, 07:56.

Comment

As is only fitting in a Bank Holiday, it's grey, dark, dank, dreary, sunless and wet.

It's nice to have traditions.

Comment

As is only fitting in a Bank Holiday, it's grey, dark, dank, dreary, sunless and wet.

It's nice to have traditions.
                  You moved to West Yorkshire or just hacked my webcam?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    You moved to West Yorkshire or just hacked my webcam?
                    It's especially tulipe in hudds this morning. Perfect for my purposes cos I need to pack for an early start tomorrow and tidy up. And do some paperwork before going to the pub. Since I'm gonna be in France for the next week I need to get some decent food today. Pie an peas! I'm gonna be popular on that flight...

Comment

Normal working day here in Istanbul. Easter, she's not veery beeg.

Comment

Working...
                      X