• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there must be a National Conference of Utter Imbeciles Who Shouldn't Be Allowed on the Road hereabouts. The last few days, but particularly this morning and just now, I have seen levels of ****wittery from other drivers that have astounded me.

I wonder if they're saying the same about me

Comment

Just got a call from the bodywork place about the Super Monkey Car. He reckons much of the underside is sound enough, and he can get the replacement sill and fix a few inches of floor in from it, and job's a good 'un

He said he couldn't give me a proper estimate until he really got working on it and saw how much there was to do, but he guessed somewhere between £300 and £400, which was a lot less than I was expecting. Looks like I'll be getting myself a new iPad after all!

And hopefully the car will be back before too long, with its MOT date pushed back by yet another month. It used to be in November. It drifted into early December, then I couldn't drive for that month after the heart attack so it ended up in January; and now it just keeps drifting further each year

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        I'm still impressed with your rear view Google streetview.

My only association with Ruby is when I gifted ex-FLC a Ruby pendant from South Africa . She flounced with the necklace and a lot of other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Apologies to MS for casting aspersions on her moral fibre. It turns out that it's a real board game.
          Indeedy, but I was thinking of a different box. I think I'm confusing it with Pass Out which is still in stock and doesn't require mandatory removal of clothing.

Edit: This is the one.

Last edited by mudskipper; 26 March 2015, 18:10.

Comment

Well there's a more fragrant Zeity.

First shower since Sunday.

Unfortunately it seems to have triggered some sort of relapse, so I'll be off back to bed shortly.

Ho hum.

But looking on the bright side, I can't smell my self any more.

Woe, Woe, And Thrice Woe is me.

<rings bell & shouts "unclean, unclean">

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Lunch consisted of half a pint of bird's custard.
              I suspect that wasn't one of my better ideas. (not literally fortunately).

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Ruby-On-Rails?
              Yeah. Has it got steam engines? I like steam engines.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Rails is a web application framework written in Ruby, yes. Thank God I'm not stuck using that, too
              No steam engines then?

Comment

Just wasted half an hour over the fact that somebody else's code specifies certain keys as strings some of the time and symbols (constant strings) other times; and under certain arcane circumstances, these are not the same thing
                Sounds like a POS I might have wrote.

Comment

Just got a call from the bodywork place about the Super Monkey Car. He reckons much of the underside is sound enough, and he can get the replacement sill and fix a few inches of floor in from it, and job's a good 'un
                  for the Super Monkey Car.

I used to do tulipe like that myself on my old MkII Granada until the holes started appearing faster than I could weld 'em back up.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    No steam engines then?
                    Sadly not

It has an object-relational mapping thingy that people who get confused by relational databases like, but that's hardly an adequate substitute.

Comment

Sadly not

It has an object-relational mapping thingy that people who get confused by relational databases like, but that's hardly an adequate substitute.
                      Gutted.

I get confused by stuff like that so I stick with PICs.

Comment

Working...
                      X