• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Mr ms is taking the piss out of my pronunciation of caustic. Apparently I sound like Craig Revel Horwood.

Next time I'll just leave him to get acid burns.

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Woe is me

Stopped off on the way home to see how the Super Monkey Car was getting on. He was just finishing the MOT and took me underneath it to show me about four or five inches of sill, where the driver's seatbelt is anchored, that's pretty much rotted away completely

He showed me how it was all put together, and explained that there's really nothing to hang a repair off. He's got the welding chappy coming in tomorrow and will get him to have a look at it. But I've got a feeling that's just a formality, and it's the end of the road for my beloved Orion.

If it can be fixed, I'll get it fixed, though. Just have to wait and see now.
        Depends how much you're prepared to pay, really.

Anything can be fixed if you love it enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Morning all

Feeling hungry like a rabid dog

No tulip/food in my system anymore. Running on fat burning mode ATM.

Waiting for the hospital limo to pick me up in some time. Fang-ers crossed !
          Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Did I mention I hate the beginning of spring?

Really need summat to stop my eyes watering like b*ggery.
            Do they have that sodium chromoglycate eyedrop stuff* in cloggieland?

I find that very good for itchy eyes.

*Optichrom allergy eyedrops or somesuch tradename.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              My windows did require a-scraping for this morning's station run.
              My windscreen had a hard frost, but the other three sides just had condensation. Not sure why, but it's often that way

Comment

The denizens - well, one denizen - of the Orion Owners Club forum are a lot more positive about it being possible to save the Super Monkey Car

Seems I need to explain to the garage that, if the sill can't be patched, it'll have to be replaced. Probably cost a few bob, but it'll save me wasting it on an Apple Watch that I'll never even use

More or less wot I said.

Comment

Looking around for Orion parts, and found a site that I know some of the real Ford petrolheads speak well of. It looks like I can get the four parts of the floor well, sills, and rear wheel arches, all for a grand total of £200

And if the local guy isn't willing to fit them for some reason, there's an Orion Club member from Bournemouth who'd be willing to travel up to do the work.

I've got a feeling my Orion may have a new floor before too long, unless there's a catch to all this somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

More or less wot I said.
                    Great minds think alike

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                      Morning all

Feeling hungry like a rabid dog

No tulip/food in my system anymore. Running on fat burning mode ATM.

Waiting for the hospital limo to pick me up in some time. Fang-ers crossed !
                      Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Good luck!
                      WMSS

Don't forget to opt for the sedation.

Comment

Working...
                      X