• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    My query's been running for 9 minutes and 16 seconds. I will only ever need to run it once. At what point do I kill it and rewrite...
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Yes. Rejigged and it gave me the answer in 7 seconds.
    Incidentally, that's an excellent candidate for having a deeper look at and working out what the big-O factors were that made such a difference

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Incidentally, that's an excellent candidate for having a deeper look at and working out what the big-O factors were that made such a difference
      Though you knew that

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          You should see some of the tulipe I've written in my time.

Horrendous some of it.

Especially some of the stuff that used EQUIVALENCE and unions for swapping bytes about & suchlike.

Not to mention being machine & implementation specific.g

I was contemplating making a Z80 equivalent of a PIC16f84 as a demonstrator this afternoon.

Just to show how much is in that little 18 pin package compared with what was required 35 to 40 years ago.

Z80.

Z80PIO.

Z80CTC.

Ram.

Eprom.

Yum.

Them were the days.

I got a copy of the Siliconix LSI databook 1980 from the free bookshop in Swansea this afternoon.

Dunno why, really, since everything in it is long obsolete, but it brought back a few memories.

I was looking for the Hitachi LCD manual that I spotted last week, but someone else had snaffled it in the meantime.
          We need to find you a new lustee very quickly!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Morning all.

Managed to wake at 5:15 being too hot.

Removed electrick blanket & replaced duvet, then dozed until I could stand it no more, what with it being Sunday & R4 being infested with godbotherers.

Listened to the meaning of life prog at 6 (Something Understood according to the RT) that, as usual, gave me the urge to hang myself, it being followed at 6:30 by Farming Today, which is now 51 years old, & more suited to dozing.

They were talking about milk churns at one point.

Comment

Ugh.

Bloody dog wanted to go out at five to six.

Then bounded onto the bed, turned round and started snoring. While I got to lie there and listen to him snore.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

A NERF gun makes an excellent alarm clock for kids still in bed at 09:51 on a Sunday morning

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  A NERF gun makes an excellent alarm clock for kids still in bed at 09:51 on a Sunday morning
                  Why oh why would you wake children up???
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Those chimneys don't sweep themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Sooner they are up the sooner I can give them back to their mother

Comment

Working...
                      X