• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Did someone say Victoria Coren?

I wonder why she's so good at poker.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Does that still exist?
        It does whereever .nz is.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Had the rest of Sunday's spare ribs for dinner, with chips.

I've said it before: these Scottish Maris Pipers simply aren't good chippers. Why on earth a Sainsbury's here stocks them anyway I don't know. When I was working in Beeston (Notts.) about two years ago, the one there had MPs from Lincolnshire or Cambridgeshire; but here, even further south, we've only had ones from Fife or Angus for about three years now
          The Tesco version (bought by mistake) alleges on the packet (plastic bag) that they're good for chips.

Dunno if it's right of course, since I mash the buggers anyway.

Comment

One team here has a stand-up quiz every morning over by the coffee machine. I like to imagine the woman responsible spending every Sunday evening trying to scrape together fifty questions she hasn't asked before, while cursing the day she thought "I know what'll be a good team-building exercise!"

Comment

Morning

Successfully escaped the Asset Management event today quoting an important meeting with some nincompoop twat back in office.

While the t!tties were quite good at the event, it was pretty useless and I don't see any point when nothing ever happens at this clientco. And it wasn't a hot lunch

No Hot custard

Time to sit on my high chair and

Comment

Bored.

Now.

Not a soul to be seen.

Comment

Morning
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    The Tesco version (bought by mistake) alleges on the packet (plastic bag) that they're good for chips.

Dunno if it's right of course, since I mash the buggers anyway.
                    I have yet to find a potato type here that bloody well crisps.

I thought I had until they went soft straight within 10 seconds out of the oven/fryer.

They used to have those rooster spuds in the shops which are used in the restaurant trade as they are good all rounder, but they stopped stocking them.

Am going to get some desiree seeds and grow my own this year.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Been waiting to hear on a couple of gigs, one has been dragging on for weeks with the agent incapable of getting hold of the hiring manager, so I can consider it dead in the water.

The other is recent, but I wouldn't be surprised if the feckers come back to me about interviewing next week.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X