• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffed mushrooms for (late) lunch, one of Mr N's faves

Dinner is carbonara, need to find out if he wants me to make it traditional or my style.

Probably more b'day cake for dessert.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I still haven't cut the birthday cake I bought for ZeitMater's birthday a week yesterday.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I still haven't cut the birthday cake I bought for ZeitMater's birthday a week yesterday.

Ho hum.
        Has she stopped throwing up?

Comment

What a disappointing Rhubarb festival !

Disappointing weather, not many tents and Richard Fox's twatty anchoring

Best bit was the Scottish man who gave me 5 packs of Smoked Salmon for £5. Bargain !

Fecking wet, windy, cold and crap. Need to spend some time this summer on the nude beaches of Cabanas de Tavira to compensate for this weather!

Comment

And yes, the local duck eggs

Scrambled duck eggs, smoked Salmon and home made bread for Breakfast tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Has she stopped throwing up?
              Was ok on Friday.

Feck nose wot's happened since.

Comment

It's a truly miserable day.

Cold, wet & unpleasant.

Comment

Took me a moment to work out what was different when I looked out of the window.

Because of the road having been resurfaced last week, all the puddles are in different places

Also, there's no longer a deep puddle adjacent to the kerb at the pedestrian crossing, meaning waiting pedestrians will no longer get a sheet of muddy water sprayed over them by buses aiming for the stop further up. Which is nice

Comment

Ooh, I forgot this was happening today: BBC News - Leicester council offices: Controlled demolition of New Walk HQ

Can't say it's a great loss. They weren't actually massively ugly buildings, but they weren't particularly graceful either.

My photographer friend got to go up on the roof and take panoramas of the city just before they closed it and started prepping it for demolition

EDIT: Here we are, the second one - click on it to open it in the panorama viewer thingy: High resolution, gigapixel and panoramic architectural survey photography
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 22 February 2015, 17:44.

Comment

Tipping down out there again

Comment

Working...
                      X