• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck me, it doesn't rain but it pours.

ZeitMater has fallen again, not hurt, thankfully.

And the fecking boiler is busily displaying a fault code "LF" which means it failed to ignite 3 times in succession.

Time to use the insurance again.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

And the fecking boiler is busily displaying a fault code "LF" which means it failed to ignite 3 times in succession.

Hope she's OK. Mine seems on top form atm - better than she's been in months. Touch wood, fingers crossed, virgin sacrificed...

Comment

OK. I'm seeing double. Must be bedtime.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

At least she wasn't hurt. Worrying when it happens though

My mother's been very unwell, off and on, since before Christmas. She kept having to take to her bed, and feeling terribly weak. Then she'd feel a bit better, and try to crack on with things, then relapse. She'd been to the doctor several times, and they'd arranged several tests; but things got a bit confused around New Year when her usual doctor wasn't available for a spell.

Anyway, this past week she's finally felt that she's recovered. She also got to see her usual doctor. He revealed that the reason she's been in such a bad way is that she's had pneumonia since early December

It seems like she's over it now, touch wood. He's got her on antibiotics for a week or so, just to make sure it's cleared up. But it's no wonder she's felt so rough

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            At least she wasn't hurt. Worrying when it happens though

My mother's been very unwell, off and on, since before Christmas. She kept having to take to her bed, and feeling terribly weak. Then she'd feel a bit better, and try to crack on with things, then relapse. She'd been to the doctor several times, and they'd arranged several tests; but things got a bit confused around New Year when her usual doctor wasn't available for a spell.

Anyway, this past week she's finally felt that she's recovered. She also got to see her usual doctor. He revealed that the reason she's been in such a bad way is that she's had pneumonia since early December

It seems like she's over it now, touch wood. He's got her on antibiotics for a week or so, just to make sure it's cleared up. But it's no wonder she's felt so rough
            I think that's it. Doc faced with confused old biddy - no idea whether state of befuddlement is normal, slightly abnormal, or completely screwed up. And they have 5 minutes in which to decide before rolling their eyes and moving onto the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I think that's it. Doc faced with confused old biddy - no idea whether state of befuddlement is normal, slightly abnormal, or completely screwed up. And they have 5 minutes in which to decide before rolling their eyes and moving onto the next one.
              It also didn't help that the other doc compared her latest chest scans with ones from about three years ago when she had something else wrong, rather than with the one she had done when she was OK last summer

But yes, good point. She had to be rushed to hospital a few years ago when she was taken bad, and the doctor was fairly dismissive until we explained that she wasn't normally confused and distracted, but was actually sharp as a tack. Then he took a bit longer examining her, and found what was wrong - an infection, which was of course easily treatable.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Nice glimmerings over the supermarket again

Comment

And another lovely sunrise from the Fosse Way

Comment

There's a sun?

The s have stolen it round here.

Morning all.

Boiler fecked status confirmed this a.m.

Ho fecking hum.

Time to see if ZeitParents insurance with the gas board is worth the paper it's written on.

Comment

Working...
                      X