• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Not good - hope he gets some improvement soon. Give him my best wishes.
    Thanks am really hoping he's able to come along to grub club, but to be honest I'm not holding any hope.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      What sort of plugins cost that ? The ones I've seen are mostly free
      One particular one allows a box of chocolates to be filled individual chocolate by chocolate. Even that isn't perfect as my wife would prefer there to be an option to filter the chocolates by type so only 10 or so were on display rather than all 18 different types....

The comment that its custom development which would take ages fell on deaf ears until I got a quote for $1500 to implement that change from the plug in designer. She thought that was extortionate, I thought it a bargain....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        The only thing I want to avoid is blatant advertising on the blog and pop ups.

It can put people off, if it's subtle then great.
        Hyperlinks within the text, comme ca

Comment

Hyperlinks within the text, comme ca

That would be handy.

Am going to see if I can find someone who's good with design as I want to re-do the logo as well.

It was all well and good at the beginning but am now getting over a 1000 hits a month now and lots of retweets that link to the blog, so want people coming back.

Also ease of use for searching reviews, recipes etc... rather than the hideous tag cloud.

I'm well aware it doesn't look pretty. Have played with a few formats but can't improve and the only way to do that is getting techie with it and really customise it.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Got me a half bottle of Veuve cliquot this evening, cost me a whole €2.50.

Seemed I had earned lots of loyalty points at the wine shop

Norrahe's blog

Comment

You could probably make a (very) few quid by linking to, for example, amazon cookbooks or kitchen stuff that you've mentioned.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.co.uk/
              I would avoid this type of advertising, it just looks nasty and you have no control over what is being hyperlinked.

Maybe paid reviews, but that's a thing for when you already have an audience.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                That would be handy.

Am going to see if I can find someone who's good with design as I want to re-do the logo as well.

It was all well and good at the beginning but am now getting over a 1000 hits a month now and lots of retweets that link to the blog, so want people coming back.

Also ease of use for searching reviews, recipes etc... rather than the hideous tag cloud.

I'm well aware it doesn't look pretty. Have played with a few formats but can't improve and the only way to do that is getting techie with it and really customise it.
                1000 a month is good but is this page views/returning visitors/unique visitors ?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I would avoid this type of advertising, it just looks nasty and you have no control over what is being hyperlinked.

Maybe paid reviews, but that's a thing for when you already have an audience.
                  I think you do - you can link to specific products. Had a mate who did it but can't find his site now. But basically he'd link to whichever book he was reviewing. It was unobtrusive, but meant he got a bit of dosh if someone clicked through then bought.

Comment

I think you do - you can link to specific products. Had a mate who did it but can't find his site now. But basically he'd link to whichever book he was reviewing. It was unobtrusive, but meant he got a bit of dosh if someone clicked through then bought.
                    I think there is a difference between the skimlinks approach SimonMac is fearing (that adds links to anything it has a link it can link to) and a careful designed click here to purchase the book I'm talking about from Amazon...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Ah there's two types, manual affiliate links you choose to link back too, or automated ones that pick out words in your type and then link from there
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X