• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a nutter on Desert Island Discs at the moment.

He's the chap that invented Ebola back in the 70s.

From what he's saying about how the original sample was treated it's fecking extremely lucky we're not all dead.

Comment

I'm not overly struck by his choice of music either.

Morning all.

Just having a quiet sit down before I collapse during the weekly house(s) vac.

Comment

Time to extract the beef before it incinerates completely.

Feck me, I really hate this chap's music.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Time to extract the beef before it incinerates completely.

Feck me, I really hate this chap's music.
          Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

The fuel cap cover on my Corolla is stuck

The hinge got a bit bent when the scrotes drilled the tank (they had to loosen the cap so it would drain) so now the cover doesn't lie flush with the body anymore. I've filled up a couple of times since then and it opened fine. Then yesterday I went to fill up and, despite going back and forth to tug the little lever under the driver's seat repeatedly, the damn catch wouldn't come loose

From what I can find online, the immediate solution to getting it open is to remove the trim inside the boot, whence the release mechanism can be activated manually. So that's a nice little job for a chilly Sunday afternoon.

Then I've got to see why it's sticking, and see if I can fix it. There's not enough petrol in there to get me to ClientCorp and back tomorrow, so if necessary I'll have to find some way of disabling the catch in the short term <- inverted car/computer analogy

I've just ordered the Haynes manual for it from Amazon, but that won't arrive until tomorrow. Maybe that will have enough information for me to be able to make a more permanent repair. And maybe it won't.

Comment

Best of luck.

It's no fun in this weather.

Actually it's no fun in any weather any more.

Comment

Afternoon
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Pastrami was a tad disappointing.

Will try a different cut of meat next time.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I've managed to get this box back into the no scroll mode I had it in before.

It seemed to have sommat to do with that irritating square boxy scrolly thing that comes up when it thinks you want to scroll up & down docs fast.

And I can't remember how to get shot of it.

Ho fecking hum.

However, right clicking on the scroll bar does allow one to more or less do stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Best of luck.

It's no fun in this weather.

Actually it's no fun in any weather any more.
                      Just found a YouTube video which suggests that wedging something under the release lever will do the job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYO0RxsQcR4

That's a US 2012 Corolla rather than a UK 2001, but everything looks identical to mine, so I'll give it a go. All I need now is to find a Matchbox truck to wedge underneath it

Comment

Working...
                      X