• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Tomorrow is the fourth anniversary of the last time I was in an office for a client.

Since then, I've had one block of two weeks and maybe five blocks of two days in total
    Don't you get a bit stir crazy living and working in the same building all the time?
    • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
    • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
      Don't you get a bit stir crazy living and working in the same building all the time?
      Not really.

I take my children to school every day, and pick them up most days as well. I can take my wife out for lunch any day that I choose to. I can go for a walk in the park with the dog if I want to.

Occasionally it's frustrating if I need to bounce ideas off someone, but when that happens we get on Skype and chat about things.

And it saves at least £10k a year in expenses compared to when I worked in London.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Not really.

I take my children to school every day, and pick them up most days as well. I can take my wife out for lunch any day that I choose to. I can go for a walk in the park with the dog if I want to.

Occasionally it's frustrating if I need to bounce ideas off someone, but when that happens we get on Skype and chat about things.

And it saves at least £10k a year in expenses compared to when I worked in London.
        That's one happy Mrs. TFQ then!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Day trip to Sheffield today.

Had Tetanus jab, just need to plot what to do between the meetings scheduled finish time and my train home ....
          Might I suggest the Sheffield Tap pub at the station would be a suitable place to while away the time? It's run by the same people who have the York and St Pancras Tap's. And Tapped in Leeds, I think.

It's on the left as you approach the station down the hill from the uni.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            How'd it go? Was it good enough that you might as well hit the pub before going to the second one?
            Went well and they want face/face.

This afternoons interview is with the client for the consultancy. So it will be interesting how this goes.

Ideally I want an offer this week

Comment

Lunch. CC manager spoke of bringing lunch in. No sign yet. Hoping he gets it from the Greggs down the road

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Might I suggest the Sheffield Tap pub at the station would be a suitable place to while away the time? It's run by the same people who have the York and St Pancras Tap's. And Tapped in Leeds, I think.

It's on the left as you approach the station down the hill from the uni.
                Scarborough taps beside the station?

Comment

Lunch. CC manager spoke of bringing lunch in. No sign yet. Hoping he gets it from the Greggs down the road
                  He didn't

Comment

He didn't
                    There's no such thing as a free lunch?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                      Scarborough taps beside the station?
                      Certainly not. That's a Nicholsons pub, and very different. Tapped is on Boar lane, opposite (ok, a bit to the right) the road the Leeds Brewery Tap is on.
                      Last edited by barrydidit; 20 January 2015, 13:30. Reason: to the right, not the left.

Comment

Working...
                      X