• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I have cracking legs!
    If they don't crack spontaneously, it can be arranged

Comment

Anyway, Happy New Year TPD!

My phone died a death in the pub (those who attended the Xmas do in London will understand why), so: late, but thought-of-earlier, salutations and felicitations to all denizens hereof!

Comment

The lights are on in the pizza shop over the road.

I keep meaning to talk about the lights of the pizza shop over the road. It closed recently and moved to a place about fifty yards away, next door to the kebab shop. I'd never been there (I don't eat cheese, ergo, I don't eat pizza) but its lights have been shining at me from over the road for over ten years.

It'll just be the bloke going in there to get something. It's happened a few times. I'm not sure why he puts the lights on the sign on when he goes in there: I assume it's because he never actually worked there, and doesn't remember which switches are for the inside lights. Typical bloody capitalist, ends up wasting his own money through not knowing how to do the job he made others do. Costs him money, but serves him right.

But I miss those lights. I come from the kitchen into the living room, and the windows are right ahead of me, and it's dark now. It used to be that the lights of the pizza shop were there. Even though it's one of the busiest roads in the city, it looks dark and gloomy out there, from here, now.

That's what I kept meaning to talk about, but hadn't yet. I wasn't sure that that was what I was fretting about since it went. But it is. It's dark out there now, from here.

Comment

Happy New Year - again, but I'm awake this time!

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Warm.

Dry.

Happy New Year.

Bah.

Humbug.

Om.

Currently watching "The Lavender Hill Mob".

Loved the gigantic advert for "Eckovision" television sets.

At the time you'd have been hard pressed to get a larger screen than 12".

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Anyway, Happy New Year TPD!

My phone died a death in the pub (those who attended the Xmas do in London will understand why), so: late, but thought-of-earlier, salutations and felicitations to all denizens hereof!
              Snigger, now that is a good morning!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Morning
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Fireworks were still going at 2:30am this morning, NorPuss I was still cowering under the xmas tree and NorPuss II under the dining table.

Thankfully it's pretty quiet now.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Parkrun double this morning. Celebratory atmosphere rather dampened by a guy collapsing. When I went past (I'm guessing < 10 mins after he collapsed) there was an ambulance there and he was getting CPR, so not looking too good. Being so close to the hospital, there's always medical people running, so he had expert attention within a few seconds. Fingers crossed for him.

Comment

Breakfast: left over onion bhajis, a litre of coffee and a fag.

Welcome to 2015

Comment

Working...
                      X